Post your questions about the game here!

Ross offers a great opportunity to everyone with his active engagement and posting on this forum and answering genuine questions with insights into the game - a bunch of you seem intent on ruining that.

Calm down. Stop with the name calling, stop with the petty arguments and taking everything personally. Act like people!

MattW just a quick question for you.

What are your views on fare play online with say teams, like cheating and well just playing not like cricket. Meaning silly teams where you have 6 sachins, gilchrist and 4 or 5 of the best bowlers the world have ever seen.

PS Ross can you also give your views on having a balance for online, offline that's ok but online could be more annoying than these forums sometimes.:eek:

My views.
1. some kind of balancing of teams.
2. friends list are a must. Thanks.:spy

What are your views on fare play online with say teams, like cheating and well just playing not like cricket. Meaning silly teams where you have 6 sachins, gilchrist and 4 or 5 of the best bowlers the world have ever seen.
I think, not that I think my thoughts are that important, ranked online play should be limited to the teams on the disc - with an allowance for created players that are given stats via the career mode to be included in those sides - but only one.

In unranked matches (so what you'd usually play with a friend) then I think free range is fine - however it would be great if the game had something like an 'ego' factor that would mean all star teams would suck at teamwork.

I'd also add to that bit of wisdom, learn to laugh at yourself...

In other news, Ross... Ross... whats news? There was a post a page or two ago from Kasabian asking for a behind the scenes type look, any chance on something like that appearing?

The post didn't go unnoticed :)

There is a development diary being kept as we go along. After each game we have a post mortem and I would like to share that and the diary in the hope to give some insight into what goes into the development and why some decisions are made.

I think some of the things that are lost on people outside the business is the size of the "cutting room floor", the time spent on stuff that just doesn't make it into the game, the months spent coding something that doesn't work or isn't fun regardless of how good it looked on paper...

I think some of the things that are lost on people outside the business is the size of the "cutting room floor", the time spent on stuff that just doesn't make it into the game, the months spent coding something that doesn't work or isn't fun regardless of how good it looked on paper...
Did any of the 'cuttings' make it into Table Top Cricket, for things that were a bit too arcadey for the simulation game you wanted?

I genuinely LOVE behind the scenes stuff, so count me first in line for that material. I have barely any knowledge of the stuff you guys go through on a day to basis and making the hard calls on what to drop, what to keep... especially the little things that cause you guys headaches, that's stuff is always interesting because we assume it's the core gameplay stuff, which prolly is one of the problem-areas to test throughly, but little things you don't think about like 'how hard it is to climb tree's' in a game, like ACIII - you just don't think about the months and months of R&D that does into a simple mechanic that, on paper, you think should be easy.

I imagine there's plenty in a Cricket game!

Did any of the 'cuttings' make it into Table Top Cricket, for things that were a bit too arcadey for the simulation game you wanted?

It was a bit of a mix, there is quite a bit shared between the two games.

The PS Move control for example is definitely arcadey (gimmicky) and hasn't made the cut for DBC, but generally it happened more the other way around where stuff was too hard-core for TTC however reasonable DBC.

Do not know many other big sports games publishers in Australia apart from Tru Blu but was wondering if there were other publishers that Ross and his big Ant crew could work with apart from them?

Tru Blu left a bad taste in my mouth after the Rugby Challenge 2 sequel 3 months ago the game was just a quick and below par patch up job from the initial Rugby Challenge. It was obviously just a quick money grabbing scheme for the Lions Tour. The game was just about identical to Rugby Challenge 1 yet they had it on the shelves for $88.

I know that Sidhe developed the game but surely Tru Blu have some responsibility when it comes to ripping off customers.

Find it hard to trust anything Tru Blu have their name on to be honest.

Yeah fully agree with that. Rugby Challenge 2 was a crock. I am hoping Ross has family involved in Rugby Union too... ;)

----------

The post didn't go unnoticed :)

There is a development diary being kept as we go along. After each game we have a post mortem and I would like to share that and the diary in the hope to give some insight into what goes into the development and why some decisions are made.

That sounds seriously interesting. Looking forward to hearing more about that.

I am hoping Ross has family involved in Rugby Union too... ;)

No one in the family played Rugby :( - just me! :)

Living in Victoria I was the odd one out in the family, played Rugby from u10's until colts and would certainly grab the game with both hands if we get the opportunity :)

I genuinely LOVE behind the scenes stuff, so count me first in line for that material.

Yeah, me too and me three!! :yes ..
I posted the exactly same wish in the wishlist thread before the 2nd trailer... Maybe a video/photos of you and your team working in the development dept/ mo-cap shoots/ code breakdowns/ MikeM, HBK playing in the background/ editing panels/ board meetings etc.. :) If not all, a progress diary might be fun too...
Thanks for confirming you plan to share them Ross, we'll be waiting... :) :thumbs

CA Update ??

Good Day.
Ross, I would like to ask that when we will get the new updated version of CA with attributes and any any other options, Best wishes. Thanks

No one in the family played Rugby :( - just me! :)

Living in Victoria I was the odd one out in the family, played Rugby from u10's until colts and would certainly grab the game with both hands if we get the opportunity :)

if you got a rugby game right, you would have big sales (and my eternal gratitude!)

nobody has ever got close. i haven't played RLL2 but it looks like that was much better than any union game ever got.

even cricket has been better served over the years than rugby!

Rugby Challenge is pretty decent... once you turn down the offloads, it's great!

was impressed initally, but it wore off very quickly. just found the players bunched up or ran around like headless chickens. no chance to run anything like a realistic back line...

french commentary was fun though

We'd better not murder this thread off topic any further, but yes... totally agree with you both. As with all games, regular updates, developer interaction with the community and patching would go a long way to help most titles, I think Sidhe do an okay job there, but Ross and the BigAnt guys seem to continue to support their products with patches and updates according to feedback so that's a good sign for this title annnnnnnd... back on topic, baby. Biggs; Master Of The Segueway....

Users who are viewing this thread