Post your questions about the game here!

I'll second (third?) that "earn the sponsor kit" stuff as well. Gives greater reward for successfully navigating the career mode, in my opinion. Might piss off casual players more though. Fine line...

...it would be nice if you couldn't just go with a Biggs branded bat from the outset.

Matt is of course speaking of the Biggs branded Xtreme Wood 1000? bat, available early September at your local cricket supplier. Ross, call me we'll work out licensing agreements and how you can your hands on my Xtreme Wood? over brunch... The Xtreme Wood 1000? ...because nothing says "this guy gets it" to the opposition team, like Xtreme Wood?. Get Wood... today.

attachment.php

Attachments

• XTREMEWOOD1000.png
    XTREMEWOOD1000.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Ross, when we play in online multiplayer mode, do we have a internet strength indicator(like FIFA 13 has, to show the speed of the connection between the online opponents). I think such an indicator would be very helpful for DBC14 online mode enthusiasts like me to select the opponent which has a safe internet speed for smooth gameplay online.....

I like the idea of earning bat sponsors in career,club cricketers rarely use ?400 bats like the county or test players, most of us probably started using our dads old bat!!! But surely it would still require licences, unless there is a logo generator in CA with easy to replicate versions of branded makers names, grey-nickols, gann&more etc.

As with a non career type player it wouldn't really matter so much what make of bat he's got, but a designer would be a good craic! Blockerdave cud hav the Geoff Boycott Blocker bat!!!

I have been wondering if there is any 'quality assurance' of the players and teams that can get downloaded on the game. I have seen some quality likenesses etc... but I have also seen some dodgy ones (some of mine included). When I get the game I will probably download the first examples of each team that I see just so I can start playing. Actually- can we even download a whole team from cricket academy?

I believe the "Like" system is being changed to a scoring system (score out of 5 or 10). That should give a fairly good indication of how accurate a creation is. Plus you can just look at it before you download anyway...

Earning the sponsored kit sounds great. Would serve as a motivating factor for a new player in career mode to get something similar to the ones used by established players.

I have been wondering if there is any 'quality assurance' of the players and teams that can get downloaded on the game. I have seen some quality likenesses etc... but I have also seen some dodgy ones (some of mine included). When I get the game I will probably download the first examples of each team that I see just so I can start playing. Actually- can we even download a whole team from cricket academy?

it's a bit more work but i find it's better to search for players, filtering by nationality and sorting by name. then you can easily compare each creation and download individual players before adding them to your own team.

it's a bit more work but i find it's better to search for players, filtering by nationality and sorting by name. then you can easily compare each creation and download individual players before adding them to your own team.

Would be nice if there was an official Planet Cricket sanctioned group of teams or rating system...

I'm personally rubbish at both creating players and selecting accurate players (I just end up confusing myself) and I trust the judgement of (most of) the people on here more than I do the faceless interwebs

Users who are viewing this thread