Post your questions about the game here!

Sometime soon :)

Ross...any chances of a tutorial on controls before the play session???

Oh the man of leisure decides to start posting again!.... life must be so good at the top :)

The controller pages from the manual will be available, tutorial wise I expect people to go to the Nets.

Oh the man of leisure decides to start posting again!.... life must be so good at the top :)

Lol...nah...just a humble little vacation! Back to the slavery mode though :(.

The controller pages from the manual will be available, tutorial wise I expect people to go to the Nets.

Oki...that sounds cool. Will taking screenshots off the manual be allowed as well ;)!

Are there plans to address the statistical issues in CA to allow 8 ball over matches to be First Class? (Also would it be possible to have 3 or 4 day test matches, or timeless tests?)

Maybe even uncovered pitch?

Given the historical kit items and ability in CA to make historical players it would be awesome to be able to play under historically accurate match conditions.

What am I saying - the kit items and CA are already awesome; this would just be amazingly awesome ;)

1. Will we get audio from AI communicating amongst themselves on the pitch? e.g. Keeper, slips and bowler.
2. Security guards/personnel at the boundary line, will they be active(evade the ball, throw it back, etc) or are they still?
3. Above waist no ball?
4. Are we gonna see drinks brought into the field during drinks breaks or a message from the 12th man?

I haven't seen anywhere where these questions were asked

Thanks

Are there plans to address the statistical issues in CA to allow 8 ball over matches to be First Class? (Also would it be possible to have 3 or 4 day test matches, or timeless tests?)

Maybe even uncovered pitch?

Given the historical kit items and ability in CA to make historical players it would be awesome to be able to play under historically accurate match conditions.

What am I saying - the kit items and CA are already awesome; this would just be amazingly awesome ;)

Thought they do allow 8 balls per over and 3-4 day matches (will be considered as first class)

Talking of nets, I wondered if the Don gives you any tips in the nets, foot placement, shot decision making etc, would be both a helpful and nice touch??

It's interesting. Personally I am with AJ: direction is important rather than method of delivery.

However, if lefty is correct about the terminology used in AUS, chances are the game may be going by method of delivery.

So Ross/Mikey, to help out CA creators, can you please clarify if with respect to the game and skills, a left arm finger spinner's stock delivery is an off break or a leg break? similarly is a left arm wrist spinner's stock ball an off break or a leg break? (i.e. does the game go by direction of the ball, or method of delivery)

I really wanted to clarify this for you tonight - but i'll need to get my hands on the game tomorrow and confirm how we've set the skills up. sorry.

Thought they do allow 8 balls per over and 3-4 day matches (will be considered as first class)

i see ross has thanked this post, which indicates it's true...

however, when i set the balls per over to 8, it always switches the statistical category from first class to other match types.

----------

Talking of nets, I wondered if the Don gives you any tips in the nets, foot placement, shot decision making etc, would be both a helpful and nice touch??

yes that would be awesome!

----------

I really wanted to clarify this for you tonight - but i'll need to get my hands on the game tomorrow and confirm how we've set the skills up. sorry.

no problem; thanks. give you a good excuse to drop everything else and play the game tomorrow.

Mike: just need to play the game for 20 minutes to clarify some things for the guys on planetcricket...

5 hours later...

Whoops

just to clarify my statements above / israr's post - because if mikey/ross could confirm this it would be awesome:

at the moment, 8 ball overs always get classed as "other match types" for their statistical category - will it be possible to make them first class?

what constitutes a "Test", because the statistcal category under the pre-defined Test match type says first class - so is a Test:
  • any 5 day first class match
  • any 5 day first class match between international sides
  • any 5 day first class match between international sides with "test" status
  • any first class match (e.g. 3 days) between international sides
  • any first class match (e.g. 3 days) between international sides with "test" status?

and can we do timeless tests?

because Australia had 8 ball first class and test cricket for a long time, and until well into the 20th century their tests were timeless.
in England, tests were 3 days up until the 30's, then 4days and only became 5 day later. (sometimes they'd have timeless for the last match of a series that was level going into the game)

i now it's nerdy/anal/ocd, but i'd love to play matches under historically accurate match conditions.

Any news in the 99c update?? I must admit not havin done the linking etc i haven't experienced the problems but also wondered if there will be anything new with it ir just the bugs fixes?

----------

Blocker you only want timeless tests so you can block for three or four days!!!!!

Crickets version of Ali's rope a dope!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread