Post your questions about the game here!

This may be an incredibly over-simplified way to look at it, but could that ratings issue be circumvented by having to select a default logo for online play, and allowing for a customised logo for offline play?

That's essentially "modding" on the PC... I can't see a way around it on consoles, which is by design, how it should be really.

Well I'm not in a hurry to read back through 660 odd pages, but was just wondering if anyone knows what happens in DBC'14 when you want to play off-line multi-player?

The default batting view looks likely to be terrible for the bowling player. Is there a decent more traditional broadcast view for that game-type?

Will you be able to set the default view for single player and online and something else for off-line multi-player, such as broadcast?

There is a view from the bowler, you can invert the controls for batting so as to match the view.

Hi Ross, not sure if this has been answered or whether you are at liberty to disclose.

Have any copies of DBC for PS3/Xbox been manufactured yet for distribution at short notice? If not, what would be the likely turnaround time to press new copies once a release date is confirmed?

Your continued interaction and transparency has been sensational regarding DBC's impending release, whenever that may be. Thanks.

I can't reveal much other than obviously there has been some production as I have shown case #01 here. Duplication and packing of discs itself turns around in a few days.

Hey Ross,

Maybe in the next edition of the academy could there be a logo creator/ editor. The logo's in the academy are already excellent but if there are more we could add to match specific teams?

Im sure there are modd-able. Ross said he would supply us with support software too.

There is a view from the bowler, you can invert the controls for batting so as to match the view.

That's great to hear Ross, should sort out play for that game-play type nicely. Just wondering are those able to be permanently set or saveable? Or would you have to change it for each time you load the game up and play a multi-player game?

If there's not permanently settable controls and camera for off-line multiplayer, would this be something you'd consider for a possible patch or a future release?

Thanks again for your helpful answer. :)

I think the inversion of controls is saved, but it might be global, as in not attached just for local multiplayer but inverted for every mode.

My memory of it (It's nearly been a month since I played it :eek:) is that the 'inverse' option is camera sensitive and that the default is to the 'correct' orientation - so if the camera is behind the batsman, pushing up hits it towards the bowler; while if you've got it on a behind the bowler/broadcast camera, the default is the opposite. The controls default to the ball visually going in the direction that you push the stick.

I think.

With it having been said that 505 Games holds the licences for some time, is there any chance in the future that 505 Games may decide to participate in an agreement to supply their Ashes licenses and teams? This would be in a smaller scale, yet similar manner to which MGM & Warner Bros/New Line managed to come to an agreement with The Hobbit?

Those are complex profit and risk sharing endeavours, but could there possibly be some way in which this might eventuate?

----------

I think the inversion of controls is saved, but it might be global, as in not attached just for local multiplayer but inverted for every mode.

My memory of it (It's nearly been a month since I played it :eek:) is that the 'inverse' option is camera sensitive and that the default is to the 'correct' orientation - so if the camera is behind the batsman, pushing up hits it towards the bowler; while if you've got it on a behind the bowler/broadcast camera, the default is the opposite. The controls default to the ball visually going in the direction that you push the stick.

I think.

Thanks both Ross and Matt. I think it sounds pretty handy as it stands if Matt is spot on! Great replies guys. :)

So ,is it possible to play multiplayer for a single team? Striker and non striker wise.?

ROSS Yet another game to compete with DBC 14
Gambiance Cricket Life
Actually before DBC14 we the members of planet cricket used to have interest in cricket life game.
Going through the previously seen visuals of the game it is also a beautifully made game.
screenpop.php

I am sure there is a forum for it here somewhere... I wish them well but this is not it.

With the release of GT6 this friday, will that create space for DBC14 on the retailer's shelves?

Users who are viewing this thread