Post your questions about the game here!

Good thing about this will be you actually have to earn your runs when. I remember having a saved game on Ricky Ponting Cricket 2010, and putting myself (custom player, and a bowler) in to open the batting and going on to making over 1000 individual runs in the one innings, just by belting endless 6's (which just made the game stupidly lopsided).

Yeah, I've always ended up going for the "slog as many 6s as I can" approach in cricket games too, just because it's generally always worked. I'm actually really excited about this about genuinely feeling the pressure of not just your own personal average, but you could make the difference one way or another for your team. If I walk to the crease and get out stupidly in the first over, I get the impression that I'm really going to feel I've let me side down, and there aren't many games that can give you that. Equally if your team's in trouble and you save the day with a match winning century, I really hope you feel almost as much elation as you would in a real situation - depends how much the game really does draw you in I suppose, but I think the feeling of being out in the middle with the camera could make a big difference.

Yeah, I've always ended up going for the "slog as many 6s as I can" approach in cricket games too, just because it's generally always worked. I'm actually really excited about this about genuinely feeling the pressure of not just your own personal average, but you could make the difference one way or another for your team. If I walk to the crease and get out stupidly in the first over, I get the impression that I'm really going to feel I've let me side down, and there aren't many games that can give you that. Equally if your team's in trouble and you save the day with a match winning century, I really hope you feel almost as much elation as you would in a real situation - depends how much the game really does draw you in I suppose, but I think the feeling of being out in the middle with the camera could make a big difference.
Yup, it was always like even if every single fielder is on the rope I'll keep clearing it every time. Used to wind up making 100's off 17 balls. Too true, that situation is rotten to be in, I'm a bowler personally so I've always dreaded the thought of having to come in and rescue an innings. One game a few seasons ago we were 7-51 chasing 163 (we still lost in the end) but myself and another one of the guys combined for a 51 run stand, so it turned out not to be a totally embarrassing defeat. Its always good that even if you can't snatch a win, you can at least give your team a sniff.

Yup, it was always like even if every single fielder is on the rope I'll keep clearing it every time. Used to wind up making 100's off 17 balls. Too true, that situation is rotten to be in, I'm a bowler personally so I've always dreaded the thought of having to come in and rescue an innings. One game a few seasons ago we were 7-51 chasing 163 (we still lost in the end) but myself and another one of the guys combined for a 51 run stand, so it turned out not to be a totally embarrassing defeat. Its always good that even if you can't snatch a win, you can at least give your team a sniff.

Yeah, definitely, I'm more of a bowler too so I'm not expecting to perform miracles with the bat (probably has something to do with my 'slog it while I can because I'll inevitably get out soon anyway' approach, haha!), but I can just imagine the satisfaction in the game if I managed to score a 50 or something and seeing my player being acknowledged for that, although I'd probably get bowled by a yorker next ball anyway, haha!

I'm actually really excited to see how well the teammate AI holds up in this though - I'm having real difficulty thinking of another game that really makes you feel truly part of a team to this extent.

Yeah, definitely, I'm more of a bowler too so I'm not expecting to perform miracles with the bat (probably has something to do with my 'slog it while I can because I'll inevitably get out soon anyway' approach, haha!), but I can just imagine the satisfaction in the game if I managed to score a 50 or something and seeing my player being acknowledged for that, although I'd probably get bowled by a yorker next ball anyway, haha!

I'm actually really excited to see how well the teammate AI holds up in this though - I'm having real difficulty thinking of another game that really makes you feel truly part of a team to this extent.
Put simply, that's because there isn't one, the only game I can think of where your team-mate's have an opinion on how you're playing are the NBA 2K games, but even then that's just for extra skill points.

:yes I wanna ask a question Is this game completed or are they fixing bugs,modifying features or are they ready for release?Is the crowd feature we know about didnot work well Cause I saw in many videos that they are static

:yes I wanna ask a question Is this game completed or are they fixing bugs,modifying features or are they ready for release?Is the crowd feature we know about didnot work well Cause I saw in many videos that they are static

1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

Ross in one of the videos (twitie3's 20 minute long video) when Michael Clarke got out the commentator said:

This is a huge wicket, they get the danger man out

Have you selected a danger man for each team so that when you get them out the commentary reflects this? So like KP for England and Dhoni for India for example?

Just make your created players name "Rodney Danger"...

I would think the 'danger man' would be the most dangerous player in the team based on stats and form, rather than being hard coded..

Ross in one of the videos (twitie3's 20 minute long video) when Michael Clarke got out the commentator said:

Have you selected a danger man for each team so that when you get them out the commentary reflects this? So like KP for England and Dhoni for India for example?

It's based on past performance, and you have to get him out before he's caused too much damage.

slips

hey ross
how will slips catching work?
and also how will wicket-keeping work?
please answer
thanks

I think you might have answered this before but are there wickets off no balls where everyone thinks it's out but the batsman is recalled after a 3rd umpire no ball check (a la Haddin)?

I think you might have answered this before but are there wickets off no balls where everyone thinks it's out but the batsman is recalled after a 3rd umpire no ball check (a la Haddin)?

No way this is going to be in the game :p Where would you even fit something like this in, it definitely can't be a part of BARS!

Users who are viewing this thread