Post your questions about the game here!

If they were to make a union game, I'd suspect Tru Blu would be the ones to give them the opportunity. They are the publishers of the RC series and therefore own all the licenses. I guess Big Ant would be offered to make RC3. That's the only way I see it happening.

I have also pestered Ross about a Union game. I seem to remember him saying economically you'd need a world cup - there's one next year so maybe they are already working on one but keeping quiet? license might be the issue though

There's been talk of quite a few rugby games being made around the World Cup. Sidhe only got the licenses for a few countries so I'm assuming EA/HB Studios still has most of the international licenses. Rugby only going to get more popular after the World Cup and then the Olypmics 7s so maybe Ross could do a Rugby game in that period of time. 7s in a game would be interesting. There does seem to be a yearning for a good solid rugby game among rugby gamers (much the same feeling cricket gamers had before DBC came) so I think the demand might be there.

I just wasn't good enough at Cricket and gave too many free kicks away when I played Aussie Rules, Rugby is the sport at which I was OK, for a Victorian :) - so if given the opportunity I would certainly grab it with both hands and not let go.

----------

There's been talk of quite a few rugby games being made around the World Cup. Sidhe only got the licenses for a few countries so I'm assuming EA/HB Studios still has most of the international licenses. Rugby only going to get more popular after the World Cup and then the Olypmics 7s so maybe Ross could do a Rugby game in that period of time. 7s in a game would be interesting. There does seem to be a yearning for a good solid rugby game among rugby gamers (much the same feeling cricket gamers had before DBC came) so I think the demand might be there.

Tru Blu had the license for some Internationals, Australia, New Zealand, etc. and they engaged Sidhe to make Rugby Challenge 1 & 2.

AFAIK HB Studios had the last World Cup license and started self-funded development, they then sought a distributor/publisher and partnered with 505 Games for RWC 2011. Due to Ashes 2013, 505 Games no longer have an appetite for sports titles and so unfortunately they are lost to the development community as a channel to market.

What's your relationship with Sidhe like Ross? Do you have anything to do with them? Would the licenses be cheaper now if you bought them off 505 games seeing as they don't have any use for them now or do you buy them off the governing rugby bodies?

Talking of HB studios, ive been follwing their new game - The Golf Club, which includes a tour editor and course creator. It's looking very good, anybody else seen it?

Features of The Golf Club

At the bottom of the page theres a behind the scenes feature where they also talk about MLB.

What's your relationship with Sidhe like Ross? Do you have anything to do with them? Would the licenses be cheaper now if you bought them off 505 games seeing as they don't have any use for them now or do you buy them off the governing rugby bodies?

We haven't had a relationship ever since we developed RLL / RLL2.

Eh, I liked the first Rugby Challenge... Great title. Good fun, just turn down (or off) the off loads.

I understand that there are various types of pitches in the game but are there any extreme pitches? Like Eden Claypot where ball was turning a mile from day one or Delhi uneven pitch where match between Ind vs Sri Lanka has to be abandoned because ball was taking off from the good length viciously. It would be awesome to sometimes play on such pitches against friends.

^^^^
There should be a pitch creator/selector option where you can select the type of bounce (low, high, average, variable), whether it's seam friendly, whether it helps spinners and also what day pitch it is (1 to 5 with 5 being quite unpredictable with cracks). Would be fun to see a ball scoot through at ankle height and another one take off from good length.

Pretty sure that's already well shown in the cricket academy when creating a... something.. haha. @MattW might be able to elaborate and show you the screenshot that had the pitch options.

There is but I don't believe it has a setting for variable bounce.

There is a screen grab that Matt took, I think from one of his vids, that shows different options for pitches. Also, Ross said cracks aren't just for show in reply to a post I made about that picture.

From here: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...ricket-14-q-thread-81757-709.html#post2661484

sFgKmRO.jpg

I am sure this has been asked, but I have read for a while now and haven't found the answer. In the career mode, I can create/download leagues and competitions in which my player plays then?

Like I am a player of South African Nationality at 16 years old, if I want to play in the South African domestic leagues and IPL, I would need to create/download those competitions and hope to be picked to play in them? Or am I completely in the dark?

Users who are viewing this thread