Post your questions about the game here!

1254088-ss01.jpg

@pekkylove

He is the admin at IVG i guess.

----------

Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Page 82 - Games - IndianVideoGamer.com
here's the link he has shared some of his experience.

"Big Ant announced March-end for consoles, but the person I met today (from HES, the publisher) said they're still not certain about that..."

Awaits s**tstorm...:D

where's that from?

Link at the top of the page (first post) - some guy who played the game today and talked to HES.

Edit: and according to this person HES have not yet chosen an Indian distributor and there may not be a physical PC version of the game.

Last edited:
So they're specifically talking about Indian sales, not everyone else. If this comes as a surprise to anyone that it's difficult to secure sustainable financial international distribution in India, I have some oxygen for sale, please step this way...

Some interesting tid-bits from IVG:

There's no co-op offline or online. Just 1v1 both online and offline.

the HES rep said he's been playing the career mode about 6 hours a day for 18 days, and he's currently 4.5 years into the career. And it's a 20-year career. So this is one long career mode.

The main objective is to become the test captain of the national side, but your nation can differ from the country your initial team belongs to. So you can start your career in Yorkshire, but aim to become Test captain of India.

There's lots of levels you need to climb before you can reach your ultimate goal of becoming national team test captian. This includes makin it to domestic T20, ODI and Test teams, then national T20, ODI and Test teams. And at each of these levels, there are different stages, from having no chance of being picked, to becoming a fringe player, to a regular member, to core team member.
You start as a 16-year old and you can choose which domestic league you start in.

As for wow moments - saw a fielder run backwards to take a catch and the ball was just going over the rope for a six. The fielder got right till the rope and jumped to try and catch it and prevent the six. The AI's awareness of the boundary rope and to attempt that dive was quite impressive to see.

On the flip side, the fielders do tend to slide around too much, even within the infield when the ball isn't really that far from them.

Also, pretty strange to see non-cricket commentatores doing commentary, but the commentary is quite dynamic. Eg: They'll comment if you manage to get a knick but didn't appeal (umpire wont give out if you dont appeal).

So they're specifically talking about Indian sales, not everyone else.

yeah. i do wonder what the situation with UK distributor is however, lack of pre-order on the "big sites" (amazon/game) make me wonder if that's finalised yet. i guess there is a similar event due in the UK soon - Ross did mention a "world tour".

interesting about the no co-op play. personally if i was gonna play multi-player it'd be versus so no real biggie for me, but i am surprised there's no co-op

----------

Quote:
the HES rep said he's been playing the career mode about 6 hours a day for 18 days, and he's currently 4.5 years into the career. And it's a 20-year career. So this is one long career mode.

that's one thing that jumped out at me too. sounds amazing!

So they're specifically talking about Indian sales, not everyone else. If this comes as a surprise to anyone that it's difficult to secure sustainable financial international distribution in India, I have some oxygen for sale, please step this way...

I assume so, but who knows. Just repeating what has been said elsewhere.

yeah. i do wonder what the situation with UK distributor is however, lack of pre-order on the "big sites" (amazon/game) make me wonder if that's finalised yet. i guess there is a similar event due in the UK soon - Ross did mention a "world tour".

Honestly, I think it's still a work in progress. Don't forget TruBlu is kinda boutique when it comes to distribution, I would imagine this would be one of the bigger releases they've done (Ie, how many AFL games have sold in the UK?) but the UK will be a lot easier to secure a sustainable franchise arrangement that's beneficial for BigAnt and HES. They've gotta make money at the end of day... Hence why India is a tough cookie because a lot of games are making mere cents on the dollar for the producers and game creators. That's the kinda hit a Ubisoft, 2K or EA can take. BigAnt? Not so much.

Co-op is the kinda feature I can see in a sequel... Two Player Team (Batting/Bowling) vs. AI. For that to work, your AI needs to be sensational, hence why I guess they've spent a fair bit of time on nailing that element first.

...and as you say, majority of us will play a few 1 v 1 online, so it's no biggy. Stuff for the sequel.

EDIT:

AC09 got an ass kicking on it's Indian release, because it was so heavily pirated. They had put a lot of time, from what I understand, into getting distribution over there and then the game just got shunted around torrents shortly after release. They took a real ass kicking on that title on PC, I guess why IC10 never got a PC release. They learned a sad lesson.

Last edited:
"Big Ant announced March-end for consoles, but the person I met today (from HES, the publisher) said they're still not certain about that..."

Awaits s**tstorm...:D

Could refer to India only. Could mean earlier. Could mean anything - Let's not get hysterical. :-)

Seems like HES poured some cold water on a boxed PC game, suggesting it may remain a Steam exclusive... which is where I suspect the real fuss will be with the Facebook crowd! But, again, that could refer to India only and isn't confirmed yet.

I have zero issues with a PC version being a Steam exclusive...

I've no problem with PC version being steam exclusive as long as i get my PS3 version in march.

Last edited:
Could refer to India only. Could mean earlier. Could mean anything - Let's not get hysterical. :-)

Seems like HES poured some cold water on a boxed PC game, suggesting it may remain a Steam exclusive... which is where I suspect the real fuss will be with the Facebook crowd! But, again, that could refer to India only and isn't confirmed yet.

I am merely awaiting the inevitable overreaction :D I'm not fussed either way!

I am merely awaiting the inevitable overreaction :D I'm not fussed either way!

there shouldn't be any overreaction - it was obvious from the "date announcement" that there was still uncertainty, at least in some markets. otherwise we'd have got a very different announcement.

Users who are viewing this thread