Post your questions about the game here!

I think that is why it's important to have lower aerobic fitness stats for out-and-out pace bowlers.

Like bd mentioned, in a scenario of team declaring on 4th day, 2nd session setting a target of 500 with 50 overs left in the day 4, if the fast bowlers will be fresh on day 5 one can use them to do most of the bowling for 50 overs without fear of completing 90 overs next day. Not a big thing but could be there in a patch or next time.

If you look at what happens irl out an out quicks bowl in 4/5 over spells and bowl maybe 15/20 overs a day, seamers will give you 20 a day and spinners can bowl 30+ so really unless you're trying to get Johnson to bowl 20+ overs and in longer spells you shouldn't be penalised for it!! Ryan Harris is an exception rather than the norm, maybe injury proneness could be an attribute used in the future, but it should be a hidden random attribute because no one in their right mind would create a player that could break down at any minute, I really admire rhino, he has a similar knee problem to me, I've had 12 ops on my right knee and club cricket is hard enough I've missed more years than I've played!!

I agree that stamina should roll over and should also be individual, meaning that some bowlers could only be able to bowl short spells compared to others.This would mean as Blockers says that you would have to manage and rotate the bowlers.
As for being for the diehards once again an option to turn it on or off would sort that out although I am still of the opinion that the hardest level should be as realistic as possible so maybe only have it activated for the most difficult couple of levels.

I would love to see rhythm added in future releases which would also carry over into the next day and even the next match's. Better rhythm giving you more accuracy, pace, swing and spin for example whilst also not depleting stamina quite as much

I agree that stamina should roll over and should also be individual, meaning that some bowlers could only be able to bowl short spells compared to others.This would mean as Blockers says that you would have to manage and rotate the bowlers.
As for being for the diehards once again an option to turn it on or off would sort that out although I am still of the opinion that the hardest level should be as realistic as possible so maybe only have it activated for the most difficult couple of levels.

I would love to see rhythm added in future releases which would also carry over into the next day and even the next match's. Better rhythm giving you more accuracy, pace, swing and spin for example whilst also not depleting stamina quite as much

Isn't rhythm related to confidence....If yes then that's there in the game :)

Isn't that pretty much the same as consistency, which already exists?

A recovery stat may also be an idea.

I guess it's a combination of the 2. Low confidence will definitely cause a lack of rhythm which would then affect consistency.
I didn't actually realise that these attributes were in the game. It will be interesting to me to see how they work within the game and whether they are fixed or situations cause them to fluctuate.This way as a batsman you would be able to target certain bowlers or as a captain have to manage your bowling attack to suit the situation.

I'm also really interested in how BigAnt are going to be able to make a noticeable difference between facing a good bowler compared to a poor one. In previous games it was just a case of a difference in pitch marker size. This actually made it more difficult to face the poorer bowlers a lot of the time as there was more variance as to where the ball would land.

I guess it's a combination of the 2. Low confidence will definitely cause a lack of rhythm which would then affect consistency.
I didn't actually realise that these attributes were in the game. It will be interesting to me to see how they work within the game and whether they are fixed or situations cause them to fluctuate.This way as a batsman you would be able to target certain bowlers or as a captain have to manage your bowling attack to suit the situation.

I'm also really interested in how BigAnt are going to be able to make a noticeable difference between facing a good bowler compared to a poor one. In previous games it was just a case of a difference in pitch marker size. This actually made it more difficult to face the poorer bowlers a lot of the time as there was more variance as to where the ball would land.

If I had to have a guess the biggest difference may well be to do with the timing window. A poorer bowler will give you more time to hit the ball without an edge.

But I also imagine things like speed, movement (both off the pitch and in the air) how accurately they can pitch the ball where they want to etc will all be worse with a poor bowler.

I think fatigue, stamina, injuries and fitness levels are great ideas to incorporate in the game but IMO initially DBC needs to get the core gameplay right. All the other things can be added on in later iterations of the game once core gameplay is spot on. It's too much to ask to get all aspects of cricket absolutely right in the first attempt.

I suspect expect there will be a few bugs or exploits in the game and patches will be needed to address those gameplay bugs/issues. In fact even if we manage to get the core gameplay perfect in the next iteration of the DBC franchise, it would be a stellar effort.

Why everyone wants here to be an expert.Can't you all leave this for the game developers and stop arguing...

Users who are viewing this thread