Post your questions about the game here!

Why everyone wants here to be an expert.Can't you all leave this for the game developers and stop arguing...

What should we talk about then? Another wild goose chase about the release date; rather than discussing actual game mechanics that may or may not be in the game?

The "timing window" probably shouldn't be something that's hard coded based on an ability stat or something. From an amateur perspective, you've got less time to read and hit a ball at 75mph than one at 65mph (guessing the speed of our uni guys, probably overestimating); that's simple physics. That's not to say that the 75mph ball is always harder to hit; if its on the stumps then its must easier to glance to square/fine leg than a slower ball on off stump. The type of shot being played and the angle of the delivery is also important - with spinners, the timing for a shot with the spin or a ball across a batsman is harder than one into a batsman or against the spin. There's probably the same "ideal" window; but being late to a ball going across is pretty much a guaranteed outside edge while being late to a ball coming into you is not always bad because it'll hit around the middle assuming the shot was decent enough.

The thing that'll hopefully make an easier bowler easier to deal with is a lack of consistency and controlled variation. A crap bowler will probably spray a bunch and might not have a lot of movement or pace variation, meaning that when you get the timing down, it's generally quite easy to face provided you play the right shots. A good bowler might be able to bowl a tighter line (on or around off); gets lots of swing/movement causing you to be more cautious and perhaps be surprising with a change in pace which means that watching the ball becomes more important. I wouldn't want an artificial "timing window" on a bowler just because they're bad even if they were an awful 90mph bowler. It shouldn't be because his "ability" number is low that makes things easier, it should be his lack of consistency and inability to vary movement and pace that makes it easier to play.

I'm only getting 10fps on the practice nets, so I don't know whether this is what is implemented; and I suppose we won't know until we can actually play the game. I'll probably try a double/single wicket style game with a pure batsman and a pure bowler just to see what the differences are.

Last edited:
Why everyone wants here to be an expert.Can't you all leave this for the game developers and stop arguing...
Because if you bothered to read posts rather than give a one line reply you'd notice both that people are at most disagreeing not 'arguing' and that while they might fall short of 'expert' - they are frequently well considered and thoughtful posts that go into detail about game mechanics - particularly the ones above your post.

I'd suggest you aren't an expert on what posts should be here and leave that to the moderators.

Strongly suggest. As in, never make a post like this again, suggest.

We try to reflect the "real world" where we can however gameplay balance is the most important thing.

if you think the stamina of a bowler coming out 2nd day, or keeper tiring after 2 days in the field then needing to bat after 15 overs of his innings, et.c only comes into play for tests, and i guess only "tragics" are gonna play tests so much...

i think you should have to manage bowlers... if i have my quickie bowling in the last session of the day, and know he's gonna start at 100% tomorrow no matter what, there's no penalty for overbowling him in that session... i can bowl him right down to 10% stamina and he's fine in the morning...

it's not a huge deal, but it's worth thinking of for future iterations, even if it was an option to have on/off

True. But lower stamina at the end of the day also would result in more runs for the barting team. So if you want to let your opposition run away with the game like that, you can do it. Having said so, it is important to have stamina fatigue that continues to the next day. Some players just certainly not fit enough to last 5 days. They are the ones who can't get into test teams.

it means they are in-game

----------

is a batsman allowed to go to toilet while batting

----------

c`mon its just a healthy discussion going on dont take it wrong :D :wave

196157.gif

Is there a way to block balls which are going to hit the stumps after playing the shot??

Is there a way to block balls which are going to hit the stumps after playing the shot??

in real life, you can do it only by kicking, otherwise you're out hit the ball twice / handled the ball

i doubt it's possible here, it'll just be played on

in real life, you can do it only by kicking, otherwise you're out hit the ball twice / handled the ball

I think the rule was changed on that....you can now hit the ball with the bat, so technically you are ruled out only if you handle the ball! Again this is not required in a video game. I would rather have the ball roll onto the stumps than someone kick it :p

For someone who knows his facts I'm very disappointed in you. First Gloucestershire, now this. Heartbreaking.

You can hit the ball twice if the second hit is to defend your stumps, like @angad said.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread