Post your questions about the game here!

Sadly no. For some reason there are no options in cricket academy to create groups for the initial stage of the tournament (only has league and knockout option). Ross confirmed there won't be one in dbc 14. They will add it in the next game.

I didn't know that. Seems like an oversight given most of the major tourneys have a group format (World Cup, Champions Trophy, World T20 etc.)

Maybe the game comes with these tourneys pre-built, i.e. Big Ant World Cup, Big Ant Champions Trophy etc. and you don't need to create your own custom tourneys based on group format.

Somebody was really thinking about everything

Wind has a huge effect in real life. As a bowler you have to alter your run-up, often the ball will only swing into the wind and you generally can't pitch too short and the keeper and slips have to stand a bit closer. It also tires you out more. That's just for a fast bowler. For spin it has an equally profound effect on the flight and drift of the ball.

So it's certainly well worth simulating.

We still get complaints to this day that afl live is too hard... It's hard to balance for everyone but I believe you will find this a challenge.

I'll definitely take your word for it.

at the risk of trivialising the issue what's the extra workload in making 2 extra difficulties..

Given I have a golden rule that ai cannot ever cheat, that is do something you can't, a lot.

DBC14 is going to be quite unique in that the difficulty levels are about making it harder and more satisfying to play the game, rather than just increased AI stats. Definitely a better idea, though it's hard to see how that could work in a game like League/AFL.

(By the way, has the question of whether there is variable AI difficulty, separate from controller difficulty, ever been answered?)

does anyone know how it works if in CA, i have create a player and set him to "uses team kit", but he is added to a team that has "supplies kit" unchecked? (i.e. team doesn't supply kit)

and vice versa, if he is set to not use team kit, but he is added to a team who supplies kit?

essentially trying to work out how i can get things set up to look right. i was checking out some of the screenshots yesterday, looking at the aus v nz 70's/80s odi with a filter, it looked amazing (specifically this 1 and this 1) and want to make sure if i'm setting up an old team, i don't want a "historic" player created originally by someone else turning up with modern equipment.

I don't know if this will help, but I have added Amla to surrey, and he was fielding with what I had set him to wear, I had to go to Surrey and check him to use supplies kit,,,,in S.A he was fielding in a white brim hat for test matches, so I had to make sure he fields in a brown beggie for Surrey...

I hope I came close to understanding this

I love the fielders stance in the second one blocker, looks like he's doin an Irish jig!!!

One that may have been answered, will stuff like full domestic seasons be in game? Or will I have to create them myself? Or will I have to play each comp separately (e.g County Champ, Royal London Cup, T20 Blast)

There are basic templates set-up for most stuff. Any specific style stuff you'll have to create them yourself, which should be reasonably easy.

I don't know if this will help, but I have added Amla to surrey, and he was fielding with what I had set him to wear, I had to go to Surrey and check him to use supplies kit,,,,in S.A he was fielding in a white brim hat for test matches, so I had to make sure he fields in a brown beggie for Surrey...

I hope I came close to understanding this

ok... cool i probably need to check that out on CA and see what's happening

There are basic templates set-up for most stuff. Any specific style stuff you'll have to create them yourself, which should be reasonably easy.
Ah right, i'll just wait and see I suppose. A "season" mode if not implemented could be one to consider for DBC 2

I now see what you mean now @blockerdave,,,,it wnt look really, thats why i had to change Amla fielding kit to what Surrey use, not him fielding with a white brim when everybody is on a browm beggie

Im using this time left to check out on such

Users who are viewing this thread