Post your questions about the game here!

I tried close cam, and while it is easier its just too ugly for me. I wouldnt play the game at all if i had to look at that every time i batted. Its not as bad a pro mode I guess but its not good enough for me.

Apply the patch?

I'm playing the patched version right now. I think patch #1 didn't really fix this issue. Hopefully, it'll be fixed in a future patch.

Do you get the occasional bowl in Career mode as a pure Batsman?

Howdy,
Just wondering if in career mode anyone gets the occasional call up to bowl if you choose to be a straight up batsman? Ive got a career going as a batting all-rounder, but sometimes I bowl a bit too much and I hate the fact my bowling average is so much lower than my batting. I do like bowling occasionally, but as a batting all-rounder I dont wanna bowl more than the strike bowlers. Cheers

Very occasional. In no way related to how successful I am when I do bowl apparently ;)

i seem to get called on more when i'm doing rubbish in batting - like the game is saying "well he obviously can't justify being a #3 , but can he at least justify his presence somehow???"

just a quick question about online play...

when setting up a game online, what is the "normalise skills" tick for? Does it affect both teams? Better to tick or untick? Thanks

Is the bowling as easy as the figures people are getting suggests? I've seen a lot of people with ludicrously low career bowling averages in the career thread. When I finally get the game, I'm wanting to start as a leg-spinning all-rounder, but don't really want to if I'm going to average 5 with the ball.

Very occasional. In no way related to how successful I am when I do bowl apparently ;)

very true. I am also playing as a batsman. The only opportunity I had to bowl was in a 4-day game. I took all 10 wickets in 1 innings. I didn't get a chance to bowl the next innings and haven't bowled since.

Is the bowling as easy as the figures people are getting suggests? I've seen a lot of people with ludicrously low career bowling averages in the career thread. When I finally get the game, I'm wanting to start as a leg-spinning all-rounder, but don't really want to if I'm going to average 5 with the ball.

I'm afraid you probably will if your even half decent at bowling, ai batting is pretty awful when you bowl in career mode.

Once you get used to bowling in the game, anything less than Legend level you should find yourself getting wickets regularly

I have just started new career mode on Legend as wrist spinner and in first 4 day game still took 5 wickets in the match. 1 was bowled and other 4 caught in the outfield

AI batting issues are well documented but until they are addressed this is my experience of bowling in the game

That's a shame. Can you play on different difficulty levels depending on whether you're bowling or batting? So say, bowl on legend, and bat on a lower difficulty?

Has it been confirmed that AI batting will be addressed in Patch 2?

Currently I'm playing career on veteran difficulty as a Bowling All-Rounder (Fast-Medium), I like to enjoy the full match so tend to field but I'm finding AI bowlers vs AI batsmen just as bad as Player bowler vs AI batsmen. The AI team rarely accumulate more than 100 runs, which doesn't leave much of a chase. Batting is very tough and I love this game for that reason (excellent work Big Ant), however without a decent total to chase it kind of takes the fun out of it. I know others have mentioned simulating the overs to player and I know this works, but I want to fully enjoy the match, chasing leather and all.

I'm wondering if starting my career all over again on Legend difficulty would make much of a difference, can anybody confirm this? Failing that then I guess simulating is the only way forward until this issue is resolved.

Last edited:
I have a doubt , what is the use of NORMALISE SKILLS option in online hosting. If a player gives full points to the all the players in the team, it will take up the team built default given by Don Bradman?

Hi Ross this is a question for you or if anyone knows the answer to this I would be grateful.

It is regarding the editing of stadium names. I have edited a few names e.g. I changed Lahore to Karachi stadium. The problem is I can?t see the changed stadium name being displayed anywhere when I play the game. What I mean is that on screen it is telling me that I am playing at Lahore cricket club not Karachi. I found that it only displays your edited name when playing a casual game and choosing the option for stadiums as left or right teams ground only. I have edited the stadiums names, location and commentary for them but playing the game in a competition/tour it still shows me playing at the default stadium name.

Please can you tell me what I have done wrong or if have missed out an option to display my edited stadium names on screen and in game? Sorry I know this is quite a small problem but I thought if we can edit the names it would show up when playing at the stadiums.

thanks.

Does anyone know - what do the green shields with single digits in them (next to the team names in Cricket Academy) communicate, and how are the numbers calculated? I've seen teams with similar or better star ratings for batting and bowling have different numbers in that shield.

Also, do the star ratings consider the first XI or the entire roster?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread