Post your questions about the game here!

Once you get used to bowling in the game, anything less than Legend level you should find yourself getting wickets regularly

I have just started new career mode on Legend as wrist spinner and in first 4 day game still took 5 wickets in the match. 1 was bowled and other 4 caught in the outfield

AI batting issues are well documented but until they are addressed this is my experience of bowling in the game

AI is easy to get out on any difficulty. All you need is a srt of in-out field and they will hit spinners down the fielders' throat. AI batting needs to be improved at the earliest else offline gameplay will consist of simulating AI innings and trying to chase the AI's score.

How do you bowl fast fast. R1 is not that fast. And how do you keep hitting the bat on groud during batting when you are waiting for the bowler to ball?

Last edited:
How do you bowl fast fast. R1 is not that fast. And how do you keep hitting the bat on groud during batting when you are waiting for the bowler to ball?

1. By timing the jump correctly
2. By doing nothing

Don't have the game as yet,just want to know, a Quick Question.
When Starting in Career Mode, Which Domestic Team are available and If i can make my own Domestic team, say like all the WI Domestic Competition, is it possible i can play in it?

1. By timing the jump correctly
2. By doing nothing

Oh so i have to jump correctly plus hold r1. Ok
But for the other one i dnt have to do anything, its gonna do it automatically lol. Thanks bro.

The timing of the jump ultimately determines your base speed. Using R1 will then increase the speed on top of that.

The bat tapping is an automatic animation that will only trigger if you don't move the batsmen around the crease.

Thanks
I tried and it worked but is there any option to replace the whole team rather replace individual player. Do I am missing anything ?

If you are using Replace All Teams, then that should be replacing the entire team with their real-life counterparts. I'm not sure if I'm understanding the question.

I'm intrigued about what causes the RPM of spin bowlers and what affects it. I'll bowl a "good" spin ball and it'll apparently only be 300RPMs; then I'll bowl a shit one that'll be 1500+RPMs. None of them ever seem to turn much; but its the fact that there is this inconsistency that concerns me a little bit about spin bowling...

hello
does someone know how do you play career mode from teams other than english and Australian domestic????

I'm intrigued about what causes the RPM of spin bowlers and what affects it. I'll bowl a "good" spin ball and it'll apparently only be 300RPMs; then I'll bowl a shit one that'll be 1500+RPMs. None of them ever seem to turn much; but its the fact that there is this inconsistency that concerns me a little bit about spin bowling...

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/don-bradman-cricket-14-forum/bowling-guide-89045.html

Try this works very well...

----------

hello
does someone know how do you play career mode from teams other than english and Australian domestic????

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums.../playing-career-mode-other-nations-88937.html

There you go....:)

Careful with your terms too, what are you using to guage a 'good' or 'bad' ball? How effective it appears or how you felt you delivered it?

300rpm is a ball that has had no (or incorrect) rotating of the LAS. Make sure you are rotating the LAS the correct direction based on your bowler. If you are unsure, try the practice match with the visual bowling indicators turned on and see what causes the spin meter to register spin.

The pitch does and should play a big part in how visually effective the spin of the ball is. The RPM indicator will display the amount of spin the bowler imparts on the ball based on his skill at the particular grip or bowl he is going for, the amount of LAS rotation done (3 full rotations for full spin, note you cannot stop and restart the rotation at any point as it will reset the spin power meter), his timing of release, and (assumptions) how close the release movement of the RAS is done when the LAS rotation finishes. How effective visually the ball spins when it lands on the pitch depends on the type of delivery bowled and the conditions of the pitch. You could have a ball with minimal rotation hit a crack and zip off at 45 degrees, or put 3,000rpm on a ball pitching on bad spinning track and not do much at all.

My career player is almost up to the point of pulling off 1,000rpm balls when I get everything right and I can see about a 5 degree devation on a even, dry pitch.. enough to worry the AI batsmen if I get my length right.

If you are really unconvinced about your effectiveness, closely watch the replay and watch it spin. Also note, not everything is going to turn like the Ball of the Century, especially if you're going with your first year career player. To be honest, I've yet to play (since learning how to spin bowl) with a real player in a casual or other match and seen how much the ball turns when you're doing it with good RPM.. really need to try out a Warne at least once on a turning pitch.

----------

I'm playing the patched version right now. I think patch #1 didn't really fix this issue. Hopefully, it'll be fixed in a future patch.

If you did not start a career/tour/match, etc after applying the patch, the rosters will be still be screwed if you used get best before the patch was applied. Any new matches or career that is started after the patch and using get best then should have working rosters. Best bet is to restore Cricket Academy to default then re-do get best, then start your career/match.

Howdy,
Just wondering if in career mode anyone gets the occasional call up to bowl if you choose to be a straight up batsman?

Yes, but only if you have the skills and ability that captain requires of a bowler at the time. If he needs a spinner, and has no more spin bowlers that can bowl or are too exhausted, then he might just call on you. Be aware, that it'll happen very, very rarely.

That's a shame. Can you play on different difficulty levels depending on whether you're bowling or batting? So say, bowl on legend, and bat on a lower difficulty?

No, not at this stage.

Has it been confirmed that AI batting will be addressed in Patch 2?

Big Ant have indicated they agree there is an issue, however I don't think any detail has been provided with what is planned in the next patch.

I also wonder if, in general, it has anything to do with the way skills have been assigned to the CA created teams. I know when I next start a new career (when the PC version is released) I'll probably go through every single team I download and make sure the stats are good, and perhaps in the interm, work out if changing players stats makes the non-simulated results more realistic.

How the helmet level increases

As your skills improve, your helmet level will increase. Note, it can take time and is aided by increasing a range of skills rather than just concentrating on one.

Careful with your terms too, what are you using to guage a 'good' or 'bad' ball? How effective it appears or how you felt you delivered it?

This is based off of the bowling help meter - I'd get "Perfect" on the spin and I'd get 300RPM; and then next ball I'd get "Poor" and get 1200+RPM. I need to practice it a little more; but when the aid seems to tell you that you are right and then give you seemingly less spin than a ball ball; then that seems odd...

All of my spin wickets come from bad balls - that is admittedly because the batsman attacks them and they get caught in the deep, but still!

This is based off of the bowling help meter - I'd get "Perfect" on the spin and I'd get 300RPM; and then next ball I'd get "Poor" and get 1200+RPM. I need to practice it a little more; but when the aid seems to tell you that you are right and then give you seemingly less spin than a ball ball; then that seems odd...

All of my spin wickets come from bad balls - that is admittedly because the batsman attacks them and they get caught in the deep, but still!

Interesting. I will be honest, I've used the visual spin meter for about 10 deliveries max, only to work out which way to spin the ball and what stopping and restarting rotating the LAS does.

What type of spinner are you mainly using and what hand? I'll do some testing tonight to see if I also get reporting of 'perfect' spin on the meter but 300rpm.

----------

Also tonight I'm going to be doing what I theorized above.. going to grab a couple of teams and stuff around with their stats, play a few AI vs AI games and see if adjusting the batting and fielding stats gives a difference to the wickets taken.

Users who are viewing this thread