Post your questions about the game here!

more than being graphically superior, what's more important to me is animation. I want a fast bowler looking like he is bowling fast and a batsman hitting a straight drive looking as pleasing as it looks in reality. if they nail the animations then this might last longer than even cricket 07 or blic 99 (blashphemy!!!)

----------

Surprised that there has been no reaction on Ross' confirmation that the game will not have a demo!

Can't recollect but did we have a demo for AC 09?

that's because Ross confirmed it a long time ago that there will be no traditional demo. but he said there is a possibility of locally testing the game for people in Melbourne before the game releases.

To be honest I believe true cricket fans really are a cult group.There is a big market in the sub-continent but still its not a major gaming hotspot as an awful lot would not be aware & possibly not willing to pay a high price for one. The major markets for video games have always been the States, Japan and Europe. If you seriously think about it now, cricket games sell only in England and Australia primarily because of the historic significance of the ashes, low levels of piracy, a well established gaming community and certainly awareness about the sport of cricket as a whole. There aren't really that many cricket gamers like us here in PC for developers to actually invest in something like this and a nice bunch of cricket fans would prefer to play the PE version of cricket gone wrong (T20) hence we've got only a cult group of fans who actually buy cricket games to play test matches or one-dayers.....

I dont have any numbers with me but I wonder how profitable cricket games have been in the past.

As much as the other game has to have been submitted by now so as to make their date, I'm not giving info on this gameplay mechanic away until we are on the shelf :)

On the shelf means the date the first shop sells a copy of the game.

There will not be a demo version of the game.

Ross, I am a bit confused about gameplay mechanics not being disclosed until the game hits the shelf. The interview published on the very first page of this thread has the following exchange...

19. Can we expect a demo?

Ans. I can't promise a Demo but can promise that there will be plenty of screenshots, video and play sessions before the game is released. I expect that we will have an unbiased set of people at the public play sessions as we have had for our previous games and that they would provide reviews for you before you make any committment to the title.

So wouldn't those videos and play sessions provide info or disclose the gameplay mechanics? I am assuming these videos and play sessions are scheduled before the game hits the shelf. Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
Ah you are picking up the religious theme again, looking for an argument no doubt. Have no idea how or why I have offended you but still. It was just a silly joke and a referance that it is St. Georges Day in the UK on the 23rd ; he is the patron saint of England,....just a silly irrelevant joke.

Who says I'm "offended" or looking for an argument? That's you making uninformed assumptions. And yes it is silly to bring superstitious woo-woo into the thread. You might be into that weird stuff, but this is a thread about cricket i.e. something that's actually real. Keep the fluffy nothings to other parts of the forum, and out of our cricket game topics.

In a forum that's rather trigger-happy in deleting irrelevant posts or 'spam', let's try to follow that by keeping things on topic here.

Thanks for being so upfront about the game Ross. Looking forward to the editor.

Ross, I am a bit confused about gameplay mechanics not being disclosed until the game hits the shelf. The interview published on the very first page of this thread has the following exchange...

So wouldn't those videos and play sessions provide info or disclose the gameplay mechanics? I am assuming these videos and play sessions are scheduled before the game hits the shelf. Am I missing something here?

They have to show something or some people won't buy it. All good hyping a game and making promises but the proof is in the pudding. Trying not to get my expectations too high until I see it in action ;) I'm sure showing videos won't give everything away.

You are right, I expect others to begin the discussion once they see the game.

Every game we have done has had play sessions prior to release. Almost every one of those has had video's released to the net along with discussion. You will know about the game and how it plays before purchase. There will also be trailers and screenshots.

I have posted over 300 times so I must have said something about what's in the game :)

You are right, I expect others to begin the discussion once they see the game.

Every game we have done has had play sessions prior to release. Almost every one of those has had video's released to the net along with discussion. You will know about the game and how it plays before purchase. There will also be trailers and screenshots.

I have posted over 300 times so I must have said something about what's in the game :)

Thanks Ross and that sounds good.

As much as the other game has to have been submitted by now so as to make their date, I'm not giving info on this gameplay mechanic away until we are on the shelf :)

But you have already revealed too much sir and add the Table Top Cricket trailer to it, this is the reason why certain things in life have stamps on them to certify them as original, wish there was something similar for Big Ant Cricket as well :)

Good to have a date on it. :)

Yes, knowing is always half the battle!

Ross why dont you try roping in female commentators and some anchors too for some clips inbetween games?Just to attract more people :D

Peolple will watch these cut scenes no more than two times. Would be such a waste.

Not sure how will they be attracted by signing female commentators. :facepalm

Their sweet voice mate!Someone like Mandira Bedi :cheers

I would rather listen to Bumble, thanks.....as the old John Toshack joke goes.....what would you do if you came home to find Bumble in bed with your wife.....Id put me hands on his arse and move it up and down for him.....

Users who are viewing this thread