Post your questions about the game here!

Hi Ross

I wanted to know something about bowling. Will we be able to bowl cross-seam deliveries, shine the ball and so on? Will we also be able to control when the ball is released?

Thanks Ross

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

^^^^
We can even shine the ball?? That's unreal Ross. Now that's going too deep into the game. And if all these aren't just cosmetic & truly affect the gameplay, I'd like to know the approx size of the game.
You're getting us just too excited! Splendid stuff!

@ Ross

Do we have the options of tatoos different bands, different shoes, etc in the cricket academy like we had in rll2 player editor..... :p pls rply very curious to know about tatoos 4 players like KP, mccullum, Kohli, etc

Ross are you working on licenses, be it for anything( stadium, domestic teams, bats, etc.) or will it be completely left for the modders to sort out ?

^^^^
We can even shine the ball?? That's unreal Ross. Now that's going too deep into the game. And if all these aren't just cosmetic & truly affect the gameplay, I'd like to know the approx size of the game.
You're getting us just too excited! Splendid stuff!

Otherwise how are you going to get that reverse swing to occur? :D

Otherwise how are you going to get that reverse swing to occur? :D

At last reverse swing in cricket games get a meaning. Unlike the fact that we had to bowl a said number of overs before getting the ball to reverse swing in AC09. I'm pretty much loving this already!

hi ross,
Have you ever played a game in it? if so we dont need screen shots at the moment, can you please share those scores? it will tell us how the game play is..:)

Cool Ross, is it like a Mimi game, press a button fast to shine the ball.:p
I know you said no mini games so can you give us a little clue.

You do use a controller input to shine the ball however I wouldn't call this a mini-game

PS: "caustic" mints and other assorted Pommie ball tampering tactics have not been implemented!

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Hey Ross.....I know you cannot disclose the bowling mechanics yet, but is it something similar to this:

a) Before the run-up we need to choose the seam position (cross seam, pointed towards slip for outswing, pointed towards fine leg for inswing etc), and we also have the option to shine the ball.

b) Then we start the runup by keeping two button pressed (one for holding the ball and other for the run up), and we use the left joystick to aim roughly where we want to pitch the ball (this is a rough aim where 12o'clock position would mean aiming straight, but there is no marker assist.)

c) Then when we release the button for runup, the bowler will initiate the bowling action (if we release this late the bowler will over step the crease resulting in a no-ball), and then when we release the ball holding button, the ball would be bowled based on the timing of the release.

So....is the bowling mechanic something similar to the one mentioned above???

Users who are viewing this thread