Post your questions about the game here!

Abhipune

Pirate
Online Cricket Games Owned
Domestic Tournies?

Hey Ross,
Can I expect an IPL, a BBL or other tournaments of domestic cricket. Or perhaps a Champions League with its composition changing every season. I think if a career mode kicks in with these international + domestic tournies, and also signings(Like in the Fifa series) it will be a dream come true for a cricket gamer :thumbs:thumbs

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The 12th is liked in aus and england also i think.
In places like india maybe your right but i don't mean
he would tease them i mean real talk like on tv with a
funny edge to it.

No beanut jars hahahahahah:lol

So bat pad catches in the game thats great:D
In past games on off the bat was the only way it would
happen and very rare also.

In places like india it's a must because it happens every game.

So will the red ball get dirty and old like the real thing.

How about umpire skills, like out of 10 or 100 so if he is not the best
he does more mistakes and you have to use DRS or get riped off.
Also a turn off mode if the answer is yes.:spy

About the career mode, if 10 years then great or longer that's also cool :D
I understand you don't want to find huge bugs in the design of the game.
So i will trust you guys know what your doing and will pick the best time
zone for the game.

Last can you say what you guys worked on this week at work or
was it just playing the game all day:D
Looking forward to seeing what the table top game looks like.
will it be a budget game like $50 ?

I am talking a little too early but I expect TableTop Cricket to be around AUD$15.00

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Is the 12th man looked on kindly everywhere? I owuld have thought only the Aussies were cool with it?

I'm a big fan in the UK and think it would be amazing if you managed to get him to record lines. The way I look at it, commentary in sports games is either despised by people or looked upon neutrally. If you get a funny variety of lines from a few commentator voices (Benaud, Greig, Lawry, Chappell brothers), I think it would be great for those familiar and maybe several more.

Even if the majority of people familiar with it are Australian; I'm sure that after a few lines in the game, people from all countries will be hooked too. Might want to take it easy on the 'swearing' and foreign name pronunciation though ;) .

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That confirms we are not going to have celebrations like in Fifa series where we control them...But are we going to have more than just a couple of them like in previous games(which was terribly disappointing) and have you done anything to make the century celebration a bit more enthusiastic? :)
Finally, is there a chance of additional celebrations being added post-release?...Like you know, summer give away, holiday free content or something like that? :)

Ross...can you comment on this yet? :)

manee

Chairman of Selectors
mate, thats the best part

I know, I know. Trust me, many an evening have been spent listening to the Pakistani pronunciation routine. "Ikeepmateef Inajarbesidethebed", of course being my favourite. Or even the overlap of the two things "Asifhe Giveashid'

shubham466

County Cricketer
Can we expect a demo?
I can't promise a Demo but can promise that there will be plenty of screenshots, video and play sessions before the game is released.

But-why-meme.png

:facepalm

Allrounder18

Banned
Yep... exactly...

----------

It may appear random but it wouldn't be (it is calculated), occasionally unpredictable might be better words to use than ramdom.

Yes, you will will get bat and pad catches

Hmm you didnt tell that can we use those saved teams after the end of 10th year in a new career mode? Plz make it possible so that poor's man unlimited career mode can become a possibility.

duberryboy1

Club Captain
Is there any indication on the bowling system? for instance isit like the best style which has been brian lara cricket 2005 or like the newer systems seen in ashes 09 where unrealistically you cant bowl a ball that swings and seams. Would love to see swing be returned to the shoulder button and a bowlers stats and conditions dictate how much the ball moves.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
12th man is absolute gold!

"So here come the pakistani line up, led by Asif Hed-Givasheed, Idsay Hed-Gviasheed, Medim Inagaybar, Jee-Waddah Wacka, Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed, Was-he A-crim and Javed Gemiteformeandad"

Yes but in a virtual arena any commentary that is jokey, i.e. not commentating on the action, will stand out.

On hearing this same 'stand out' commentary over and over again over a period of time will be tedious and tortuous

I think the best form of commentary (taking into account only so much can be recorded) is to keep it to a minimum during the action. I.e. hardly any chatter in between deliveries (this is the stuff you notice being repeated over and over), and therefore will give the appearance of being less repetitive and fresher for longer

deathrevenge9

International Coach
What about having a First Person Camera mode for bating? It'll make you feel like the ball is actually coming towards you and would definitely provide some bit of realism in gameplay. Not sure if this has been there in any other game or not but I would like to see it in this one..

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Can you stop pestering the man with ridiculous questions.

No wonder he is choosing to ignore it.,

Everyone has their own set of questions mate. We only try to know as much as possible either if its important or rather less important.
If you dont like it, ignore it then :)

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hi Ross, can you please tell us something about the batting mechanism? Will a defensive shot (just about) reach the boundary if timed perfectly? Will I be able to control when the batsman plays a front-foot leg glance and when he sweeps the ball?(even against a pace bowler)

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
Hi Ross,

Will your game have Autoplay options like EAC07 i.e. autoplay 1/5/10/15/20/50/100 or till end of Innings/session or fall of wicket ?
This option would be awesome as it has been in EA series games. I absolutely hated it when Cricket Revolution didn't have it, perhaps BLIC05 didn't have it also,
It was irritating & frustrating at the same time.

I'm asking because my preferable mode is off-line, single-player & sometime while playing limited 20-overs matches,
i like to autoplay to see how my team is doing at the end of 15 overs, be it bowling or batting.
While bowling it makes for an interesting phase trying to dry up the runs by bowling fuller length or slower ones or by trying to save boundary shots.
While batting, it makes exciting run chase in last 5-overs.
Or sometimes, I know the opposition main bowler is the spinner like Murali for SL or Vettori for NZ & he is likely to cause problems for me in middle overs,
so I autoplay till 10 overs(in T20) or till 20 overs(in 50 overs) mainly to tackle the slow bowlers with minimal damage.

Similarly, while playing 4/5-day matches, I autoplay for a session/innings...when batting 1st, sometimes I autoplay till end of 2nd innings
to see how the match is poised at the start of 3rd innings, trying to see how much & at what rate i need to score, which gives me high enough
total to defend in 4th Innings as well as leaves my bowlers enough time to get 10 opposition wickets.
Then i bowl a few overs with the new ball to see if i can get a few early wickets and autoplay for say 20/50 overs,
where my ball is old, pitch has roughened up & my spinner can come into play.
Or if my team is batting second, I simply autoplay till end of 3rd innings, only to chase in 4th innings.. it's quite thrilling experience for me.

Somedays you don't feel like batting all 20/50 overs.. someday you feel like batting whole allotted no. of overs,
while u only want to bowl in death overs with field deep spread out.. so I guess having the flexibility to Autoplay till various points in the match
is an important game-play component and adds to the longevity factor as well.

@Ross... Any updates on the simulate single/multiple overs?

Users who are viewing this thread