Post your questions about the game here!

Totally agree - if your internet connection goes down, for whatever reason, you get the loss.
It's a game at the end of the day, and any sensible person would accept this

Unfortunately it is difficult on Console to determine who went down. In case where it was via a quit in a menu, then we know 100%, otherwise there is a margin of error in the determination - hopefully they fix this for the next-gen :)

Unfortunately it is difficult on Console to determine who went down. In case where it was via a quit in a menu, then we know 100%, otherwise there is a margin of error in the determination - hopefully they fix this for the next-gen :)

Aah! Now I get it why I get a loss in Madden even though I am winning, don't lose connectivity and my opponent quits. I was under the impression EA folks knew which person quit and the folks who got the win despite quitting were using some sort of "IP Booting" glitch.

If you can't figure out which side had connectivity issues, folks will simply resort to unplugging their modems instead of quitting via the interface :noway

----------

One idea would be from FIfa 13. If you quit in first 5 minutes of match you are not penalized for quitting and lost is not registered. If you quit any time after that you automatically lose the match. In this I can purpose that players can quit with in first over of the match,If any time after that the quitter will automatically lose.One over gives an idea if Net connection is slow or game is freezing too much so you can disconnect without getting penalized.
Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks

That idea doesn't work too well. Most people p***y foot around for the first 5 mins coz they know if they score an early goal the other person will quit. IMO if the game has started there shouldn't be any excuse to quit. If there's a lag, it's common for both sides so it shouldn't be a reason to quit as folks claim. You quit, or have connectivity issues on your side, you take the loss. Pretty simple really.

I remember you mentioning somewhere that online games can be saved. Is that still a yes?

I don't really think disconnecting should count as a loss. If someone gets disconnected, they should both return to the match lobby with the progress saved automatically, and then have the option of continuing the game from where they left off, if thats possible.

I remember you mentioning somewhere that online games can be saved. Is that still a yes?

I don't really think disconnecting should count as a loss. If someone gets disconnected, they should both return to the match lobby with the progress saved automatically, and then have the option of continuing the game from where they left off, if thats possible.

Answer me this... we play a match and I'm about to lose and suddenly have a case of "spotty" internet. After that I avoid playing you in the game lobby/lobbies. What then?

Answer me this... we play a match and I'm about to lose and suddenly have a case of "spotty" internet. After that I avoid playing you in the game lobby/lobbies. What then?

If you disconnect, we both go back to the lobby. If you choose to quit from the lobby as well, then I win by DNF (like Fifa). This will obviously be difficult to implement in the game, thats why I put "if thats possible" at the end of my previous post.

A very hard part of a Cricket game that is in progress is the idea of who is in front/behind.

I saw the crowds going crazy in India as they were 12/2 and let me say if there was a "disconnect" in that game I would have given it to the Aussies....

We are Beta testing the save/resume system and seeing how we can deal with games that are not to be resumed (either side can deny resumption).

----------

Yep, people do that all the time in online games - just start downloading stuff or causing lag - on Fifa they even know where crashes are, they induce the crash on purpose and then wait for the other person to disconnect (they wait them out).

The best way to have a good game is to play with known "finishers" - the stat of games completed is normally a reasonable sign.

Ah fair enough - thanks for filling us in

----------

The best way to have a good game is to play with known "finishers" - the stat of games completed is normally a reasonable sign.

Agreed

I think this is a must have feature in a cricket game which was absent in all the previous games......That the Wicketkeeper should be able to stand up to the stumps when a fast bowler or a swing bowler is bowling ,it would a scope to control the batsman when he is on the attack....PLS PLS add this..:cheers

I think this is a must have feature in a cricket game which was absent in all the previous games......That the Wicketkeeper should be able to stand up to the stumps when a fast bowler or a swing bowler is bowling ,it would a scope to control the batsman when he is on the attack....PLS PLS add this..:cheers

Only if it can be implemented well. We dont want super human keepers who would collect all balls cleanly, catch all edges and make flawless stumpings standing up against fast bowlers. There should be a risk and reward setup for this.

A very hard part of a Cricket game that is in progress is the idea of who is in front/behind.

I saw the crowds going crazy in India as they were 12/2 and let me say if there was a "disconnect" in that game I would have given it to the Aussies....

We are Beta testing the save/resume system and seeing how we can deal with games that are not to be resumed (either side can deny resumption).

----------

Yep, people do that all the time in online games - just start downloading stuff or causing lag - on Fifa they even know where crashes are, they induce the crash on purpose and then wait for the other person to disconnect (they wait them out).

Just curious Ross, what's the feedback you have receivd from RLL2 gamers regaring the online gameplay? Are gitchers/quitters etc. rampant or RLL2 community has a good handle on it? I would expect the results to be more or less similar for cricket game as well since you would implement similar online controls for quitters/glitchers. IMO if the controls are working in RLL2, they should in the cricket game as well.

Only if it can be implemented well. We dont want super human keepers who would collect all balls cleanly, catch all edges and make flawless stumpings standing up against fast bowlers. There should be a risk and reward setup for this.

But according to me Dhoni does this very well and also creates a difference standing up when a player is aggressive form....[Agreed that difficult against fast bowlers but possible against Swing bowlers....:yes]:thumbs

But according to me Dhoni does this very well and also creates a difference standing up when a player is aggressive form....[Agreed that difficult against fast bowlers but possible against Swing bowlers....:yes]:thumbs

Its a bit easier to do when your fast bowlers are bowling at 120kmph ....

Users who are viewing this thread