Post your questions about the game here!

Career modes in football games are playing matches that are an hour long each at best (does anyone actually play them at the full 90 minutes?) - while a full test match would be hours on end possibly days, especially if you're getting a realistic match engine - then repeating that 15 times in a yearly tour program, plus a bunch of other formats?

Finding a good way of overcoming the massive time investment issue is probably a major reason why we haven't seen even a basic attempt at a career mode in other games - it wouldn't have been a massive undertaking to just stitch a few tours together and then add some minor management functionality in most previous titles.

I'd suspect most would be very quickly just simulating most matches anyway after trying a full control career mode for any length of time. In which case just go get Cricket Coach.

"Be a Pro" type of career mode is better in a game like cricket IMO, and that's what most folks feel as well based on the poll we had in a thread.

Waiting for your turn to bat to guide the team in a chase and that there won't be a second chance if you get out is something I am really looking forward to. Now you will feel ecstatic in coming in and helping your team win or feel like throwing your controller against the wall when you throw it away with victory in sight and then watch your team collapse :yes

In a team career mode you wouldn't feel the same level of excitement as you know even if you get out a couple of times you can still win easily with other batsmen. Plus, it would be a unique experience to be in the middle and occasionally looking at the match from a non-striker end, trying desperately to get on strike :thumbs

Totally agreed. Already experiencing all of the above on Cricket Heroes. What a fantastic game. Have you tried it yet?

guyz i am not against be a pro career,i actually wanted team career along side be a pro mode for a extra bit of fun,its not that i am that kinda desperate to play my career as a whole team,it was a personal thought,nothing else,so dnt get me wrong :thumbs

guyz i am not against be a pro career,i actually wanted team career along side be a pro mode for a extra bit of fun,its not that i am that kinda desperate to play my career as a whole team,it was a personal thought,nothing else,so dnt get me wrong :thumbs

I hear you and I don't think we are saying you or anyone's wrong, it's a personal preference after all. But what you are looking for is already provided as part of "tournament creator". Essentially you can take your team for a series and play as many matches as part of that series. Granted it would be a watered down version of Team Career Mode but you will be able to experience the same.

A fully fledged team career mode would make more sense in a T20 league like Big Bash or IPL where you can trade the players, manage the team and ensure you don't go over the salary cap. In intl cricket you can't do any of these things. "Be a Pro" mode is more suited to intl cricket and maybe a "team/manager career" mode would be more suitable to T20s. My 2 cents on career modes.

Ross, in the career mode, since the runner is controlled by the AI, if I need to farm the strike, would the AI understand even when I try to turn down a possible double?

You always INITIATE/call for the run. The AI will only analyze the risk associated with the run and take a decision to run or not to run.

You always INITIATE/call for the run. The AI will only analyze the risk associated with the run and take a decision to run or not to run.

What if AI is on strike and wants to take a single off the 5th or 6th ball of the over? I am assumin AI will initiate the run as it's the striker but you want to refuse it coz you want to keep the strike in the next over.

I THINK no matter what the player you are controlling, is the one who CALLS for the run. At least thats what i figured from something ross said a while ago.

So in that case, even if AI is on strike you still call for the run and the AI will either refuse or ccept depending on the match situation. For example, If AI is an established batsman and you are a lower order batter, given a low risk he would respond to your call and run to get the strike back in the next over. I would assume you are not going to want to face bowlers in such cases and give him as much strike as you can.

I hope there is something like a confidence meter while bowling..and when its full you have a button (For example: R3 on the ps3) to sledge the batsman while playing online mode,would be fun to gain an advantage by insulting or verbally intimidating the opposing player thereby causing him to make mistakes or under perform.

Ross what do u have to say abt ashes cricket 2013 for XBOX being submitted today? are they telling the truth?

Ross, is the game will come with full created squads or we have to download it from cricket academy in consoles? And also can we take a country player in our career mode or we have to make a player seperatly for that ? Thanks sir :)

Ross, is the game will come with full created squads or we have to download it from cricket academy in consoles? And also can we take a country player in our career mode or we have to make a player seperatly for that ? Thanks sir :)

It will ship with complete squads which you can replace or add to with teams from the Cricket Academy database.

Great !! Looking forward to ur game sir,good luck. Just ignored AC13.

Users who are viewing this thread