Post your questions about the game here!

In a local multiplayer only broadcast can work because one would be bowling other batting so the best cam for that case would be BC cam. For single player you should have an option to choose, and broadcast cam should be in that option, pls ross/mike/friends...

Please ross make it optional if someone wants to play first person or from broadcast cam..

In a local multiplayer only broadcast can work because one would be bowling other batting so the best cam for that case would be BC cam. For single player you should have an option to choose, and broadcast cam should be in that option, pls ross/mike/friends...

Again this is based only on your previous experiences. I can only imagine that the game has been thoroughly and rigoursly tested and what they implemented proved to be, taking the contols etcetera into account, the most enjoyable and effective method.

Just saying something twice doesnt make it more valid....(except when I do it of course.........a joke.)

You do realise how big hockey is in many European countries? I'm literally on the way to a game as we speak.

----------

Also it's interesting that people are saying they would like the camera behind the batsman for career mode. In fifa and NBA games where the normal camera is broadcast, the be a pro camera is normally behind the player. That is because you go from controlling the entire team to just one player. In cricket though, whether career mode or "team mode" (thank you mike Regan) when batting you always just control one player, so really the be a pro style camera makes sense

A question just popped into my mind if all the fielding is manual then for every ball bowled which is left by the batsman does the player need to control the wicket keeper

Well Ross said nothing is automatic but the above could get very boring in a test match.

Last edited:
If keeping is automatic then if batsman nicks an edge All of a sudden we are not supposed to expect the keeper to turn manual that means for every wide ball we need to control keeper to dive
I guess there should be some training nets for keeping practice as well :/

----------

Ross can u please tell us then ? Keeper is manual ?

I don't think you'll need to press a button to catch the ball every time, if that's what you're asking. That would seem to be a fairly logical conclusion and I doubt something anyone would want in a game to constantly have to tediously hit "x" every delivery to catch the ball.

Fielding isn't "automatic" and you will have manual control, we know that for a fact... I think we can assume to a reasonable amount of accuracy that the keeper will catch the ball automatically.

What if the keeper is a career player? Will we be skipped to when the ball is edged or a stumping chance comes about?

From what we know you can play everything ball-by-ball if you want or skip to "events" that you're a part of. That's as a fielder, bowler or keeper. Other than that, I guess lets just wait and we'll find out when the game is out. I don't really think it's something we need to delve too deeply into thinking or discussing to be blunt...

We can reasonably assume in main game, the keeper will have some base-level of autonomy (catching the ball, etc) and you will control your fielders. Again, see the MLB video posted to get an idea of where they're going with that stuff as I think that is the inspiration for how BigAnt have their game set up.

Users who are viewing this thread