Post your questions about the game here!

bsateee

Associate Cricketer
Hi Ross,
Core 2 Duo - Processor,
3 GB DDR2 Ram,
D945GC - Intel Desktop motherboard,
NVIDIA GT 610 2GB DDR3 or
NVIDIA GTX 650 1GB DDR5, (among both which type graphics card is recommandable)

and Game pad in image is ok for DBC14?

Please let me know... Iam so so so eager to know the minimum requirements for DBC14... And waiting to play the game..

Attachments

• f510__89423_thumb.jpg
    f510__89423_thumb.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 291

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi Ross,
Core 2 Duo - Processor,
3 GB DDR2 Ram,
D945GC - Intel Desktop motherboard,
NVIDIA GT 610 2GB DDR3 or
NVIDIA GTX 650 1GB DDR5, (among both which type graphics card is recommandable)

and Game pad in image is ok for DBC14?

Please let me know... Iam so so so eager to know the minimum requirements for DBC14... And waiting to play the game..

I just don't know what to say anymore...

Ross posted this literally less than 24 hours ago

We'll get the specs out very soon. Just waiting to hear from the external QA guys.

If it can run the Academy well, then chances are it can run the full game well - this has been said so many times

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
We'll post something up on bowling skills today.

thanks Ross.

accuracy of bowler is another thing i am wondering about...

e.g MacGill could spin the ball as big, if not bigger than Warne but was nowhere near as accurate... McGrath / Ambrose didn't move the ball that much but were amazingly accurate in line/length. just wondering because if we gave them "accurate" skills in swing etc. they'd look pretty ordinary.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
We'll post something up on bowling skills today.

Excellent, looking forward to what you have to say. I'm sure I'm in the minority in that I prefer bowling to batting in cricket games even though no game thus far has really done it justice. EA07 patched was ok despite LBW's being pretty much none existent in test on anything than a damp pitch, while A09/IC10 was just boring and as someone mentioned in another thread no more than a game of darts with the added nonsense of a traffic light system as to where the devs had decided was a good area to bowl!!!

With DB14 I am hoping that will be a noticeable difference in the accuracy of bowlers e.g. Stuart Clark compared to Mitchell Johnson, added to that, how tiredness will affect it also.

Bowlers skills should be limited, as mentioned Swann shouldn't be bowling googlies for example, while not all seamers can make the ball reverse. This may well be something we have to edit ourselves if we want to make the players as lifelike as i'm sure the majority do.

I hope that stamina has been thought out so that you could bowl, say Siddle happily for 12 overs without too much risk but not be able to do that with Ryan Harris before something gave way!

We finally will have a game where height is a factor, this is going to be fantastic for both bowling and batting with the added challenge this brings to the game.

Some bowlers swing the ball early while others late, not expecting this in this version but could it be implement in the next edition? (now that's faith!!)

I have noticed in DBCA there is no attribute for pace. Does this mean that all fast bowlers ( for example) will have the same top speed or will there be a method to individualise them?

I could go on but I'll save you all from my rambling. Really looking forward to this release, think we could finally have something special. If this comes close to representing cricket as MLB The Show does baseball, I will be a very happy chappy!!!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
one other thing Ross,

I noticed that the "match type" in CA is based on the match set up, rather than user defined.

i noticed that a 2 innings, multi day 6 balls per over match is "first class" - if we play a first class match between 2 international sides, is that automatically a test?

also, i noticed if we move from 6 balls per over it goes from first class to "other" - though at different points in history first class and even test matches had 8 ball overs. (19th century tests had 4 and even 5 ball overs)

i ask because i am setting up a competition in CA for a "legends league" whereby my all time teams would play each other in tests that I wanted to be 8 ball overs - but this would result in all stats being "other" which is somewhat unsatisfactory to my OCD mind.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
i ask because i am setting up a competition in CA for a "legends league" whereby my all time teams would play each other in tests that I wanted to be 8 ball overs - but this would result in all stats being "other" which is somewhat unsatisfactory to my OCD mind.
On that basis, would a 'test' match played against a 1980s era South African team, go to 'others' as well?

(Mind you - it would be a great what if scenario for creating historical teams)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
On that basis, would a 'test' match played against a 1980s era South African team, go to 'others' as well?

(Mind you - it would be a great what if scenario for creating historical teams)

i think it depends on the match set up... i think if it as a "first class" match and both teams were "international" it would be a test. if you had your 80s SA team as not international it would be first class?

seems mostly to be about the match set up, rather than team status, except maybe tests which are first class match types between international teams.
but that also wouldn't be 100% right as it would give intercontinental cup matches - first class games between associate nations - test status as they "international" first class games. whereas genuine "historic" test matches such as anything in Aus 1937 - 1979 would be 8 ball over and therefore treated by the game as "other".

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
If you play against South Africa 80s are you banned from test cricket!!!! Seriously though its incredible how many different options there are! Does it mean I could create a test league competition or test world championship using all the test teams past and present?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If you play against South Africa 80s are you banned from test cricket!!!! Seriously though its incredible how many different options there are! Does it mean I could create a test league competition or test world championship using all the test teams past and present?

as long as they are all "international", and it's a first class match i think it will be classed as test i think. might have to be 5 days too possibly, which would distinguish tests from Intercontinental Cup I guess as they are only 4 days. Hopefully we will get confirmation about what will constitute a "test" for test stats. (looks like the "legends league" i set up in my CA will be "other" unless i change it from 8 ball overs.)

------

Ross, don't know if AC coming out of stasis has changed anything but any update on the bowling skills thing?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
as long as they are all "international", and it's a first class match i think it will be classed as test i think. might have to be 5 days too possibly, which would distinguish tests from Intercontinental Cup I guess as they are only 4 days. Hopefully we will get confirmation about what will constitute a "test" for test stats. (looks like the "legends league" i set up in my CA will be "other" unless i change it from 8 ball overs.)

------

Ross, don't know if AC coming out of stasis has changed anything but any update on the bowling skills thing?

Nothing to do with the end of the holidays, I just haven't got around to doing it yet. That said, there are lots of really good questions above, so I might just collate them and get MikeM to answer them as he plays the game more than I do.

Maybe that will be what we do for this Friday :)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
thanks Ross.

accuracy of bowler is another thing i am wondering about...

e.g MacGill could spin the ball as big, if not bigger than Warne but was nowhere near as accurate... McGrath / Ambrose didn't move the ball that much but were amazingly accurate in line/length. just wondering because if we gave them "accurate" skills in swing etc. they'd look pretty ordinary.

Yeah I have a similar question, from what we know you select the lenght good, short or full then the run up begins. I'm wondering how do you consistently pitch the ball somewhere? Is it how well you time your jump in the run up? if so what if you want to bowl a wide lenght ball that still needs to be timed properly if it's your intention?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks Ross...

moving house tomorrow - this'll give me something to look forward to when it's all done and i can finally sit down!

Users who are viewing this thread