Post your questions about the game here!

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
When I simulate the game to my next career appearance, the bottom right-hand side indicates that either of two buttons can be pressed - triangle (SHOW) and I think the other one is circle (DONE).

What does SHOW actually do? I press it, and press and hold it, but nothing changes.

glenny134

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
When I simulate the game to my next career appearance, the bottom right-hand side indicates that either of two buttons can be pressed - triangle (SHOW) and I think the other one is circle (DONE).

What does SHOW actually do? I press it, and press and hold it, but nothing changes.

Pretty sure its in there to annoy...i press it every time to see if it does something....so far no good :(

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Might be a disabled function to show a particular event or something? Since I'm usually just pissed off I got out I'm not normally in the mood to watch the game simulate something awesome... Since I truly believe it's become self-aware and haunts mid on and mid off in my dreams...

kulch

Club Captain
in career what do the skill bars go up to and what is their SCALE???

i got +11 in swing in a singular match, and it didnt go up 11 notches on the bars, it only highlighted 1 bar.

it feels as my player progresses im not actually filling up the bars accordingly, so does this mean the maximum is increasing also?

and how to access batting/bowling confidence in career? whats doing there, D pad is rendered useless in career cept fielding

dawesy49

Club Cricketer
So just to clarify, catching the ball is right analog stick towards the ball?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Right analog stick UP in semi-assisted fielding. No idea what it is on full manual.

Jadel

Club Captain
So just to clarify, catching the ball is right analog stick towards the ball?

I would say right stick towards where you want the fielder to catch the ball if thats what you mean. I always do it that way and the fielder invariably takes off and flys at warp speed to catch anything within 20m of his outstretched hand...but I havent experimented

However for c&b i almost always pull rs backwards, because its already forward from the bowl. I havent dropped one in several hours either.

Perhaps it doesnt matter.

edit: didnt see your reply @Biggs. It is certainly not right stick up exclusively.

angad

Chairman of Consent
I would say right stick towards where you want the fielder to catch the ball if thats what you mean. I always do it that way and the fielder invariably takes off and flys at warp speed to catch anything within 20m of his outstretched hand...but I havent experimented

However for c&b i almost always pull rs backwards, because its already forward from the bowl. I havent dropped one in several hours either.

Perhaps it doesnt matter.

edit: didnt see your reply @Biggs. It is certainly not right stick up exclusively.

Controls for catching is one area that certainly hasnt been cleared enough by BigAntStudios and I feel some info should be provided on it. From what I could understand after playing the game (these are assumptions and not necessarily the right controls):

i) if the catch is to be taken above your head you move the RAS up
ii) If the ball is going to fall short in front of you or if you are catching it low then move RAS back
iii) If the catch is coming at waist height...I have no idea what to do. I drop these all the time as I dont know where to move the stick. I move it up and it drops the ball....move it down and it drops the ball (sometimes takes the catch as well). At one time I didnt move the RAS at all and still the catch was taken. This was on semi-assisted fielding.
iv) Caught and Bowled....just took one successful catch which was without pressing any button or moving the RAS :p!!

It would be great if someone could throw some more light on how to catch the cricket ball in different catching positions in DBC14.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Is there going to be a patch that enables us to tweak bowling lineups for teams? I just spent hours creating 1990's domestic teams only to have batsman open the bowling

Users who are viewing this thread