Post your questions about the game here!

jaraarrow

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Preset fields

I have created a preset field at the academy but when i go to play a casual game or online game its not available:facepalm,what am i doing wrong?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does it fit in with the rules of the game type you are playing? For example: in the first power play overs of an ODI fields with more than two outfielders won't appear.

Also: might you have put more than two guys behind square on the leg side? That's something that's universally not allowed in any form of the game, but since you can have match types in DBC that allows it then you can make fields like that...

kingkaz

Club Cricketer
Does anyone know if and how you can hit a slog sweep? I have tried L1 and L2 together but that ends up as a normal sweep shot.. anyone?

PotsnPans

Club Captain
Anyone know (I'm guessing only one of the Big Ant guys can answer for definite) whether saving an innings and coming back to it has any negative impact upon the selection status in career mode? I'm in my second season and have started off really well in the 4 day game by scoring 4 100s and 5 50s in 12 innings averaging 72.64...but my current selection status for the AUS Domestic Shield is still only "Fair Way Off". I don't usually save and then quit or anything like that to bolster my scores it's just that I've lately played a lot in the evening after work and when I don't get to finish before going to sleep I just save it and then return to it the next day...I'm just wondering if maybe this is impacting on the status somehow and I should stop doing it?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Anyone know (I'm guessing only one of the Big Ant guys can answer for definite) whether saving an innings and coming back to it has any negative impact upon the selection status in career mode? I'm in my second season and have started off really well in the 4 day game by scoring 4 100s and 5 50s in 12 innings averaging 72.64...but my current selection status for the AUS Domestic Shield is still only "Fair Way Off". I don't usually save and then quit or anything like that to bolster my scores it's just that I've lately played a lot in the evening after work and when I don't get to finish before going to sleep I just save it and then return to it the next day...I'm just wondering if maybe this is impacting on the status somehow and I should stop doing it?

i think 4 day seems to take longer to move. i've had a good start to the season with a hundred, 3 50s and a couple of 40s... overall got over 500 runs at 40 from 7 matches, still at no chance for either aus domestic or eng test.

PotsnPans

Club Captain
i think 4 day seems to take longer to move. i've had a good start to the season with a hundred, 3 50s and a couple of 40s... overall got over 500 runs at 40 from 7 matches, still at no chance for either aus domestic or eng test.

Ok that's cool. It does make sense that it would take longer I just had a sudden thought that the way I was playing little periods here and there was effecting it. The status has literally not moved since the start of the season and I'm 4 hundreds later. It was more curiosity than anything else. I just really want to experience playing for another team now and of course then making the England team :D

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hope you have made the AI batting smarter instead of dumbing down the bowling.

Yes.

----------

Saving/Loading has no impact on selection.

mixz0r

Club Captain
Does anyone know if and how you can hit a slog sweep? I have tried L1 and L2 together but that ends up as a normal sweep shot.. anyone?

I don't think so. I sweep a lot but the power trigger seems to have no effect. If you time it right it'll still go to the boundary though.

I also can't charge and block like the AI does. Anyone pulled this off?

varunv91

School Cricketer
doubttttt

hey bro i have one doubt about dbc14 !! How to make a tournament like IPL or Big Bash? I made a competition League but cant select the teams to participate in it. Only the controller team can be selected.Please help me out with this.

Users who are viewing this thread