Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

If you think the atmosphere at soccer is better than AFL then you're wrong.

If you had gone to the game last night you'd know that. The intensity and noise of the crowd was amazing. Deafening at times. Also a brilliant game to watch. Why can't you all atleast watch a game. Dan did it and he enjoys it. You can't right off a sport until you've seen a couple of games. Because if you watch one, it may be the odd ugly one that you've watched.

If you have Setanta. Watch the Essendon vs Carlton replay.

Gilly Fan added 3 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Sure there is. The North Melbourne football club nearly had to relocate to the Gold Coast (Brisbane) a couple of seasons ago. But it affected not only their supporters, but all Aussie Rules fans in general. Such that they were helping out by buying a membership or donating, just to keep them in the city.

But they still don't turn up to games...

Go watch Liverpool vs Chelsea Champions League QF leg 2. I'll tell you what, as a Liverpool fan I was shaking all second half.

That game was massive.

I cant believe one of the commentators said, please give them another 30 minutes.. My heart

Christ almighty, is this thread still going?????

Not anymore. It's done with. Just look at that CL game and this week's epl games - I think there was a total of over 40 goals for the week in EPL.

Luton 3 2 Scunthorpe. Man United 3 2 Aston Villa. Chelsea 4 3 Bolton. Aston Villa 3 3 Everton. Chelsea 4 4 Liverpool.

No further questions your honour.

A chance in Football is much more interesting than goal in AFL. You just don't need goals to get excitement. Sadly this is how some of the Australian public think but gladly they all don't think like this. Melbourne Victory averages 26k a match in the A-league.

Precisely! A goal-mouth scramble, where the ball is pinging around everywhere, with people throwing themselves in the way to stop the ball going in. Can AFL, or American Football, or Rugby or any other so called 'football game' offer that level of drama and excitement?? That goal by Alex tonight, with the ball going in at 100mph, can AFL offer anything approaching that level of spectacle? Or good ol' Sparky (before he became a Citizen) when he used to crash a volley against the bar and in from 30 yards out??

Oh and I forgot about the penalty shoot-out...

Watch Hawthorn vs North Melbourne, it's on right now. Watch the replay of the 2nd quarter if you can. More entertaining then any soccer game that you'll ever watch.

Non-stop pressure for the entire quarter and both teams going 110% for 30 minutes straight. None of this stop and start rubbish.

This game is just a perfect example of why AFL is better to watch then soccer and this game is better then any of the examples that Will_NA gave. Without doubt.

Can't be bothered to type it again, see above. What, there are no touchlines in AFL? :rolleyes:

I was at the game last night. Bloody amazing, perfect example why AFL seriously shits on soccer.

I don't think soccer fans understand that their game hasnt just been around since the 1800's. Forms of the game have been around since man could walk.

Your all like King_Pieterson. Slag off AFL because boring soccer is 'world wide'. But then he actually watched a game and saw how exciting and free flowing it was.

A country of 20 million people can't spread a game around the world in the 21st century. Although a British Empire influencing so many during the years can.

We're talking about Association Football here, not those odd affairs from Medieval days where the whole village took part...

Also, if the OP is trying to say that football is never free flowing, never exciting, then he has obviously never watched a game in his life. Including tonight's 4-4 from Stamford Bridge!

Go watch Liverpool vs Chelsea Champions League QF leg 2. I'll tell you what, as a Liverpool fan I was shaking all second half.

Ha ha! Hope you're all recovered now!!!! What a match!

Luton 3 2 Scunthorpe. Man United 3 2 Aston Villa. Chelsea 4 3 Bolton. Aston Villa 3 3 Everton. Chelsea 4 4 Liverpool.

No further questions your honour.

All rise!

Last edited:
Soccer's more popular because it's so easy to play and the rules are quite simple so anyone who has half a brain can play (what am I saying I'm on the AFL side:p)

I think the drama and sheer theatre to be had from an important football match have something to do with it as well...

What a match it was!!! Petr Cech had another bad one. You only ever feel that sort of tension in the last 5 minutes of a AFL game.
I am pretty sure now there is more juniors playing Football than AFL and don't use the "Don't want their sons to get hurt" excuse that was made by the AFL public. It may be true for a 10th of the players but I think the success at the world cup in 06 and us going through to 2010 South africa is making a big impact.
Add that to the A-league going well with around 60k for the final. Of course it is nowhere near the AFL but it is getting there.

I recorded the Liverpool v Chelsea game coz im a chelsea fan.

It was fair to say that was one cracker of a match.:D Shaky till the very end.

But still, AFL kicks soccers ass;):cool:

I recorded the Liverpool v Chelsea game coz im a chelsea fan.

It was fair to say that was one cracker of a match.:D Shaky till the very end.

But still, AFL kicks soccers ass;):cool:

Didn't know you were still a soccer fan... I would have talked to you pre match about the game last night. You should have started talking about it when I was showing my jersey :p

Users who are viewing this thread