Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

Near misses, fantastic saves by keepers, shots cleared off the line, lung bursting runs down the wing, shots that hit the woodwork, crunching tackles, 60 yard crossfield passes, all the tricks that players pull these days, crisp quick one-twos that open up a defence like a sardine tin. Need I go on? All these things could happen in a 0-0 and you say that's not exciting??

And then add some goals as well. A lot of the time, goals are the icing on the cake, it's the build up that is truly exciting (of course, there are the exceptions such as last night's 40yd rocket from Ronaldo). Also, who wants to see a game where a score happens every five minutes, like basketball or something?

BORING!

LOL @ crunching tackle. All these things happen in AFL every single minute (actually second if you bring up long precise passing and tackling) You don't even know what your talking about when it comes to Australian rules football.

I watch the EPL highlights. I simply watch for the goals which are sometimes brilliant and amazingly skillfull. But flip sitting through an hour and a half of passy, back passy, dive, pass

Wait a minute, if football is so crap then why do you actively watch it? That's another point for football being the best sport in the world. Unlucky again son.

]The thread has never been "which is bigger and more popular" (which soccer fans refer to as they have no idea what AFL is) Its about which is more entertaining. AFL simply pawns soccer.

Lmao, have you read the thread title?

Last edited:
Another point worth mentioning is that football is the best sport in the world because everyone has at least a brief understanding of the rules. Something which is definitely not the case with AFL and other such sports.

Precisely. A game made by the people, for the people.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Wait a minute, if football is so crap that you actively watch it? That's another point for football being the best sport in the world. Unlucky again son.

I believe the phrase is 'owned'? You don't see us blithering on about watching a sport we hate, do you?

Lmao, have you read the thread title?

The prosecution rests...

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

LOL @ crunching tackle. All these things happen in AFL every single minute (actually second if you bring up long precise passing and tackling) You don't even know what your talking about when it comes to Australian rules football.

Tackling in football requires so much more skill than in AFL...

So how do you explain the rest of the World's love of the game then? Britain didn't rule the whole planet, you know. Don't tell me. Aussies are right and the rest of the world are wrong, yes?

Okaaaaaay... :rolleyes:
*shakes head* The things they say on the TV about Americans and British kids being so uneducated about their countries history and influence obviously is true. hmmph.

No Australians aren't right about what sports better at all. Never said that but your going to create an argument about that i suppose? But until you sit on your ass and watch (oh and UNDERSTAND) most sports out there, then you may have an opinion, until then. fail

You seem to be of the opinion that we all hate AFL and know nothing about it. I can't speak for the rest of the forum but I know Dan likes AFL and i've been following it for years.

Precisely. A game made by the people, for the people.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

I believe the phrase is 'owned'? You don't see us blithering on about watching a sport we hate, do you?

The prosecution rests...

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Tackling in football requires so much more skill than in AFL...
Huh? there completely different things? Once again your blowing your lack of ANY knowledge about AFL in neon lights. If i say, go tackle that kid over there, do you go over and kick him around his foot area??

Two different things. Next

World watches Football... Africa, Asia, Europe, South Americas.

who watches AFL? bunch of Aussies who live on the edge of the world.

*shakes head* The things they say on the TV about Americans and British kids being so uneducated about their countries history and influence obviously is true. hmmph.

No Australians aren't right about what sports better at all. Never said that but your going to create an argument about that i suppose? But until you sit on your ass and watch (oh and UNDERSTAND) most sports out there, then you may have an opinion, until then. fail

I watch loads of sports other than football, including Rugby. Which is also far better than AFL. And yes, I understand them as well, at least to a level where I can enjoy them. I tried to get into American football when they vandalised the turf of Wembley with it and I've tried to watch other so called 'football' sports. Boring, the lot of them.

Anyway, football - real football - is the only game where you regularly put foot to ball ) in fact, in most circumstances, anything else is illegal. So AFL, Gridiron and so on don't even deserve to be called 'football'!

MB you realise you said you DONT need goals to have an exciting game?

Huh? there completely different things? Once again your blowing your lack of ANY knowledge about AFL in neon lights. If i say, go tackle that kid over there, do you go over and kick him around his foot area??

Two different things. Next

All you do to tackle in AFL is launch your whole body at someone. In football, you have to try to only get the ball. Much more skillful! Also, you obviously haven't seen some of football's more 'enthusiastic' tackling...

You seem to be of the opinion that we all hate AFL and know nothing about it. I can't speak for the rest of the forum but I know Dan likes AFL and i've been following it for years.

Is Dan King pierterson??? If so he admitted it was a fantastic entertaining game involving skills from so many sports. But that was only like 6 months ago or something?

And why don't I believe you that you've been following it for years? hmm

Last edited:
MB you realise you said you DONT need goals to have an exciting game?

Yeps. And I stand by it. Goals help, of course, since they further the object of winning the game... :p It's not as if the teams don't try their damndest, just sometimes, the ball won't go in...

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

World watches Football... Africa, Asia, Europe, South Americas.

who watches AFL? bunch of Aussies who live on the edge of the world.

Final whistle blows and AFL has taken one hell of a beating...

You can choose not to believe me all you want; that's you're problem. I love a bit of AFL on a Sunday morning and I think it's a very exciting sport but when it comes to football it simply fails in comparison. For me it goes, Football > Cricket > Rugby League > the rest.

evertonfan added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Lol, yeah who'd have usy of all people could best sum up the sport's differences.

The bottom line is there is no more historic and passionate sport than football.

I dont mind people saying they prefer AFL and dont like football but it is totally wrong for them to say that AFL is a better sport.

Users who are viewing this thread