Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

The bottom line is there is no more historic and passionate sport than football.

I dont mind people saying they prefer AFL and dont like football but it is totally wrong for them to say that AFL is a better sport.

The thread title couldn't be more wrong. Worldwide phenomenon vs Aussie side-show...

I mean, it's like someone coming on and saying that Accrington Stanley are the best team in the World!!

Haven't seen a single non-Australian claim AFL is the better sport.

World watches Football... Africa, Asia, Europe, South Americas.

who watches AFL? bunch of Aussies who live on the edge of the world.

Congratulations you just made a tool of yourself...

I bet you AFL bashers know nothing about it, so why are you people constantly bad-mouthing it?

Usy just ruined the thread...:p

This thread is already messed up dawg, I mean who knows AFL, people hardly know that thing man?

I would understand if it was Basketball V Football, because atleast people know the sport and players like Jordan.

AFL is like waaaaaaah???

Congratulations you just made a tool of yourself...

I bet you AFL bashers know nothing about it, so why are you people constantly bad-mouthing it?

Mate, I have nothing againt Aussies, infact I love your accents, but common, it's not nice to compare AFL to football.

The AFL fans have been saying football is boring if there are no goals and that all the players are wimps. Clearly they dont understand football so they shouldnt comment either!

I think AFL used to be on Sky Sports after Super Sunday and I used to watch it then but I just cant get any fondness to it at all.

The thread title couldn't be more wrong. Worldwide phenomenon vs Aussie side-show...

I mean, it's like someone coming on and saying that Accrington Stanley are the best team in the World!!

I completely agree with that post (even though you probably think i wouldnt)
Ask anyone in the world about AFL they'd go AF-what??

Its just people don't understand its a RELIGION here, it brings and unites people together. And best of all, its a fast pace action packed game, which anyone can play:)

Main factor, we are brought up with our game, therefore we love it. Your brought up with your game, and you love it.

(oh and i must admit, when Australia played in the World Cup, that was the most exciting experience of my life;))

Anyhoo, to say AFL isn't good because it isn't supported in other countries is bollocks. It isn't supported because in todays sporting climate, a sport from the land downunder populated by 22 million which, requires a field the size of a cricket oval is close to near unmarketable.

But there has been so much progress as of late in countries such as South Afric, the US and Asia as the AFL are the sporting power and becoming a super power in the Australilan sporting market (which is massive)

No one's saying AFL isn't good (well i'm not anyway) we're just saying it's not better than Football. Football's a religion here, anyone can play football as well.

Just to make some of you Aussies feel better

Football >> AFL >> NFL (i dunno why Americans think it's the best ^_^)

Exactly. Who needs facts anyway?

LOL, you simply dont understand the logistics.

Anyway, I'm going to bed:)

Plus i shall be waking my girlfriend up for some lovely morning sex, so therefore, i win. :cheers (god i love living at uni now lol)

Users who are viewing this thread