Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

No one's saying AFL isn't good (well i'm not anyway) we're just saying it's not better than Football. Football's a religion here, anyone can play football as well.

And you wanna see how much of a religion it is in Italy and Southern American countries as well...

in Greece and Turkey and other east european countries too..

This is where you fail.
Yep sure.
Aussie Rules Junior clubs start their ages roughly at Under 10's-12s, only option before this is Auskick, which aren't included in statistics as its not seen as a club
Junior Soccer Clubs start their teams much younger hence why paticipation rates are much highter. But once kids are allowed to play Aussie Rules at club level, they immediately switch over
Do you have any statistics that show Under10-12 have more juniors in AFL than Football? Anyway AFL is not number 1 all over Australia. 90% of New South Wales and Queensland call AFL "gayfl". At least you don't hear many "gayleague" comments.
60k for the final? Funny how the Dome only holds 50k, were people on the roof?
I said around 60k, this is where you fail.
And WOW, there's ONE week in soccer where its relitively free flowing and "high" scoring and you get the "told you so" posts, haha. But you don't hear a thing about the countless games where it ends in 0-0, how boring.
What I don't understand is that KP watches a game and says it's awful and then you guys are like "no you should have watched Carlton vs Essendon" so thats your sort of "told you so".
And to say you only feel the tension in the last 5 minutes is ludicrious. Obviously you don't support any teams with a passion since your from some outskirt land called Tasmania so you probably wouldn't feel any excitement.
I thought you didn't need a team to support to feel to enjoy the game, tension and all that?

Anyway it's Football not Soccer.

To really settle this we need to get some eskimo's and get them to watch an average game of soccer and an average game of AFL. Then they vote what one's the best.

For everyone who does and does not follow the game of AFL.

Watch this video...

It showcases exactly what everything AFL is about.

Last edited by a moderator:
World watches Football... Africa, Asia, Europe, South Americas.

who watches AFL? bunch of Aussies who live on the edge of the world.

Hey, don't put me in that group! A lot of Aussies don't watch AFL too, which shows when you say AFL is a sport watched by Aussies, it's only about 60-70% of the country who watches it I would think, not all of Australia.

And add Football being watched by people in Australia, it's going to be as popular down here as AFL soon. I think after the 2010 World Cup and the exapnsion of our A-League it will be a sport watched all over Australia and we will be known as a Football loving nation.

(Can't believe I called it Football though =/ :p)

Hey, don't put me in that group! A lot of Aussies don't watch AFL too, which shows when you say AFL is a sport watched by Aussies, it's only about 60-70% of the country who watches it I would think, not all of Australia.

And add Football being watched by people in Australia, it's going to be as popular down here as AFL soon. I think after the 2010 World Cup and the exapnsion of our A-League it will be a sport watched all over Australia and we will be known as a Football loving nation.

(Can't believe I called it Football though =/ :p)

LOL, That is BS. The only state that doesn't watch it is your mob over in New South Wales. WA are aussie rules mad, so are SA, Tasmania follow it madly even though they dont have a team, Allot of unique players come out of the Northern Territory, there has been another Queensland team announced and not to mention Victoria. AFL is the vics religion. You have no idea what your talking about mate.
More 85-90%

Last edited:
LOL, That is BS. The only state that doesn't watch it is your mob over in New South Wales. WA are aussie rules mad, so are SA, Tasmania follow it madly even though they dont have a team, Allot of unique players come out of the Northern Territory, there has been another Queensland team announced and not to mention Victoria. AFL is the vics religion. You have no idea what your talking about mate.
More 85-90%

Queensland are Rugby League mad, so most of them probably wouldn't. New South Wales has a lot of a people living, your probably just thinking Sydney. Out int he country areas they are mad for Rugby League.

Yep sure.

Do you have any statistics that show Under10-12 have more juniors in AFL than Football? Anyway AFL is not number 1 all over Australia. 90% of New South Wales and Queensland call AFL "gayfl". At least you don't hear many "gayleague" comments.

I said around 60k, this is where you fail.
What I don't understand is that KP watches a game and says it's awful and then you guys are like "no you should have watched Carlton vs Essendon" so thats your sort of "told you so".
I thought you didn't need a team to support to feel to enjoy the game, tension and all that?

Anyway it's Football not Soccer.
Your an idiot. KP watched the Grand Final which was an average game at best and said it was brilliant. Another post by you purely making up ****.

Soccer has only been successful lately due to the World Cup in 2006 and the fact they have made it a summer sport which is a good move. But it will never overtake AFL as it doesn't have a religeous following like the AFL does.

Even Australias games lately have been dead boring. I've looked forward to them, sat down and started to watch them, but then most games i've switched off, or channel flicked.

Queensland are Rugby League mad, so most of them probably wouldn't. New South Wales has a lot of a people living, your probably just thinking Sydney. Out int he country areas they are mad for Rugby League.

I said New South Wales dont follow AFL. Queensland love FOOTBALL as well. The Lions never pull up a dismill crowd. And with a gold coast team coming in its bound to strengthen the barriers.

Not as much as League. Rugby League have teams in 3 points in Queensland - Brisbane: Always a big crowd, North Queensland: Been great crowds since they made the Grand Final and the Gold Coast in 2007 and have had near sell outs every game since. They have really taken to it so I'm not sure if a AFL Gold Coast team will be a success.

Not as much as League. Rugby League have teams in 3 points in Queensland - Brisbane: Always a big crowd, North Queensland: Been great crowds since they made the Grand Final and the Gold Coast in 2007 and have had near sell outs every game since. They have really taken to it so I'm not sure if a AFL Gold Coast team will be a success.

It will be. The AFL have done their homework. There is actually alot of support for AFL around the Gold Coast, mainly due to Victorians moving up there and sharing their love for the game.

Plus the AFL are obviously trying to make the the team successful straight away to avoid a dismall start. The Gold Coast are loaded in cash, they get a bazillion quality draft picks starting from next year, and will most likely poach some BIG names from other clubs.

I'd agree with Matt, about 70 % would follow AFL.

Toby you're living in a fantasy if you think 85-90% of Australian's follow AFL, you are really kidding yourself.

stevo1 added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

I said New South Wales dont follow AFL. Queensland love FOOTBALL as well. The Lions never pull up a dismill crowd. And with a gold coast team coming in its bound to strengthen the barriers.

Ah yes they have, did you see any games there last year??

How do you know Queenslanders love AFL? I have a mate who came to my school this year from Queensland and he said most of the people at his school hated it and Rugby was No.1. That's why I think West Sydney will be a failure, when the Swans aren't going well and successful I think they'll struggle to pull good crowds, especially when the Swans are playing at a big venue in Telstra Stadium

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread