Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

Soccer's more popular but AFL is ALLOT more exciting to watch and play then what Soccer is. I could care less about how popular the sport is, it's how exciting the game is what matters the most. I can think of several sports off the top of my head that are better then Soccer in this aspect. AFL, Cricket, Basketball, Golf, Tennis, etc. Seriously, I'd rather watch a close game of golf then a close game of soccer.

The only good thing about Soccer is the goals and they only occur 2-3 times over a space of 90 minutes period. Watching a Soccer game is like watching an entire Marathon race and waiting for the exciting bit where someone jumps out of the crowd to tackle one of the leaders of the race when they're on the brink of victory.

start using logic now, some people find Golf very "exciting" doesn't make it best sport ever...

Its okey what your personal opinion is, but look at thread title, full of flaws.

PS. I sort of agree with Stevo.

Peace.

Soccer's more popular but AFL is ALLOT more exciting to watch and play then what Soccer is. I could care less about how popular the sport is, it's how exciting the game is what matters the most. I can think of several sports off the top of my head that are better then Soccer in this aspect. AFL, Cricket, Basketball, Golf, Tennis, etc. Seriously, I'd rather watch a close game of golf then a close game of soccer.

The only good thing about Soccer is the goals and they only occur 2-3 times over a space of 90 minutes period. Watching a Soccer game is like watching an entire Marathon race and waiting for the exciting bit where someone jumps out of the crowd to tackle one of the leaders of the race when they're on the brink of victory.

Someone once said 'Golf is a good walk spoiled.' Couldn't have put it better myself. As for saying 'goals are the only good thing about football', well that just shows how much you truly understand The Beautiful Game.

Someone once said 'Golf is a good walk spoiled.' Couldn't have put it better myself. As for saying 'goals are the only good thing about football', well that just shows how much you truly understand The Beautiful Game.
Beautiful isn't the word I'd use to describe Soccer.

More like a game that lacks penetration & variation.

Yeah you guys are making fools of yourself by proving you know next to nothing about soccer, yet you act like you know enough to insist it sucks.

Here is my life story (;): Before the 2006 World Cup, I hated soccer. I mean I payed it out more then Ben is and I wouldn't be caught dead watching it, but when the Aussies made the 06 World Cup my dad and I decided to get up early to watch it, just to support Australia. At the end of it, I started enjoying soccer more. I brought a soccer game for ps2, and then around late 2007 - early 2008 I started watching bits and pieces of Liverpool and other matches, and when I gradually started understanding the game more (Tactics, formations etc) I started getting into it. Now I watch every Liverpool game I can, and I guess I'm a decent fan. I'm not a hardcore soccer fan, but I understand the game more now.

So basically, you say soccer is a simple game, but you won't enjoy it until you actually understand the more complex stuff behind it.

I started playing when I was 6 but even without playing I still think I would love it. When I was in grade 2 till the end of grade 3 everyday for hours we would go up the street(where theres grass) and play for hours and hours. The we is My neighbour who was grade 7 at the time, other neighbour who was grade 5 at the time and my brother who was also grade 5. So thats why I got selected for regional teams and all that.

I dont HATE soccer. I just don't find it as entertaining as AFL. I would get up and watch an Australian game for example. But other games I simply can't, one because I dont have foxtel and 2 im not as interested in the champions league.

And let me tell you something. When I was 5 I HATED AFL. Thought it was as boring as watching paint dry. But when my friends joined my local club i decided to tag along coz of that reason. I had fun playing auskick and got into AFL more in 2005, when i moved on to junior footy I was crazy about it. 2006 Was my breakout year and ever since than footy has been my NO.1 Sport.

So I agree with Matt, you can teach yourself to like a sport.

I even watch golf every morning nowadays:D;)

Yeah you guys are making fools of yourself by proving you know next to nothing about soccer, yet you act like you know enough to insist it sucks.

Turn it up. Do you know us well enough to warrant that post??

Pretty sure i know my **** when it comes to soccer. I'm Scottish born (moved here when i was 4) and my entire family were hardcore soccer fans (most are now full on AFL supporters apart from Grandparents). I played it during my youth (till i was 12 and was allowed to then play Aussie Rules). Made it to state finals with my school team back in the high school days, and got hammered i might add. And currently play in an indoor soccer team with some mates every Thursday.

Yet i don't hate it, infact i loved it when i was younger since my family brought me up with it. I still have my Motherwell jerseys somewhere in the closet. But for entertainment values, AFL kills it.

Last edited:
I've read enough of your (By your I mean Ben and all the people barracking against Soccer, not you in particular) posts in this 18 page thread to know that Ben and a lot of the people paying out soccer think that if there are no goals, there can't be excitementwhich shows that most of you people don't know enough to comment fairly.

You probably do know the game well, but some of your posts made it sound like you don't. But to be fair, it is mainly Roo, Covvy and Ben.

I've read enough of your (By your I mean Ben and all the people barracking against Soccer, not you in particular) posts in this 18 page thread to know that Ben and a lot of the people paying out soccer think that if there are no goals, there can't be excitementwhich shows that most of you people don't know enough to comment fairly.

You probably do know the game well, but some of your posts made it sound like you don't. But to be fair, it is mainly Roo, Covvy and Ben.

Will you add me to the list if I say soccer is SHITE....in terms of entertainment value...:p....jokes

Lol no but seriously, this has gone beyond joke, who cares what the best sport in the world is, everyone will have different views.

I love soccer FB. All I'm saying is to get some eskimo's to decide.

I am one of the most biggest fans of Man U you'll ever seen guys, and i love the team to death, so don't you dare say that i hate soccer. I just find AFL more entertaining from where i come from.

Lets lighten up the mood with a few collingwood jokes.

What do you call a 30 year old women with a collingwood jumper?
Nanna

What does a collingwood women use as protection during sex?
A bus shelter

Two collingwood fans in a car, who's driving?
The cop

What do Collingwood fans and sperm have in common?
One in 3 million has a rough chance of becoming a human being.

Mick Malthouse was caught by a speed camera. "I'll do anything for 4 points," he said...

What's the difference between a collingwood supporter and a bucket of ****?
The bucket

What's the difference between collingwood and an arcinist?
An arcinist wouldn't waste 22 matches.

What do you say to a collingwood supporter with a job?
"I'll have fries with that thanks"

Users who are viewing this thread