Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

I've read enough of your (By your I mean Ben and all the people barracking against Soccer, not you in particular) posts in this 18 page thread to know that Ben and a lot of the people paying out soccer think that if there are no goals, there can't be excitementwhich shows that most of you people don't know enough to comment fairly.

You probably do know the game well, but some of your posts made it sound like you don't. But to be fair, it is mainly Roo, Covvy and Ben.

A case in point was today's game against Everton. No goals to speak of, but a great game to watch anyway.

But they still pull better crowds than any NRL game on average.

No where near better ratings. In Queensland when an AFL game was on at the same time as the NRL game, the NRL match got to nearly more then 300,000 viewers at one stage.

Feelin Blue? added 3 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Your saying that all those skills are easy. If they are, why aren't you play AFL, Rugby, Soccer. All those sports. And again, in Rugby, (the sport you go crazy for) all you need to know is how to tackle, catch, bash the crap out of each other. You barley need to kick, because from what i see from rugby, the kicking is shocking. Unless its the goal kickers after the tries. In soccer, you just need to be fast, and be able to hit the ball with your head, and kick. Along with all those other silky moves. Sure I dont HATE soccer, i can watch it. But NRL ....WTF! Most boring sport ever.

Your opinions on Rugby League arent valid because you proved to me you have never watched a game when you claimed they all wear headgears. So anything you try and say about Rugby League can't be taken seriously.

Anyway, kicking is very important, and they are all very good at it. Jamie Soward constantly kicks us from the 40 metre line in our own half into the oppositions try line (about 60 metres) to gain us great field position which is why we are winning games. You need to be able to put in a perfectly weighted grubber kick into the in goal to get a repeat set, and if it's an inch to big it will go out. Kicking is important, so once more you've proved you don't watch the sport.

Last edited:
Well what is so great about a guy who can kick a goal from about 30 metres out and the only defence is a guy who knows he won't stop but still sticks his hands in the air. The only thing I appreciate as a sports watcher/player is the build-up to get to the goal and some of the great marks that have been taken.

Not everyone needs to know how to kick in Rugby League though... .

You could play professional League if you are really big, strong and fast. Catching isn't all that hard half the time.

The backs are very skillful though, and so are some of the forwards, I'm just making the point that there are plenty of league players who all they do is catch the ball from 1 meter away, then run at people.

Yeah, but kicking is important for some positions, and same with catching which is extremely important for the wingers.

Wow a 60 metre kick :rolleyes:

Yeah, but when you have players running at you and are about 2 metres away when your making your kick, trying to place it in between 3 players before half the time being smashed isn't an easy job.

Yeah, but kicking is important for some positions, and same with catching which is extremely important for the wingers.

Yeah, but when you have players running at you and are about 2 metres away when your making your kick, trying to place it in between 3 players before half the time being smashed isn't an easy job.

Yeah it's hard, but with so much practice, anything is possible

Why does everyone in Australia call Football, soccer?
I mean this is the chart
Aussie rules or afl or footy
Rugby League
Union
Football

Only should americans call it soccer. SOCCCKERRRRR it just sounds gay.

I mean this is the chart
Rugby League
Union
Football

Cus I call League footy, so it seems weird.

I mean this is the chart
Rugby League
Union
Football

Well you are from Tasmania...

Always will be Soccer. They'll never be called the Footballroos, they'll always be the Socceroos.

Users who are viewing this thread