Better sport.

More revenue.
More fans.
More outside investments.
More teams.
More competitions.
More players.

Better sport.

Also, look how many people watch a league that's from another country in football. How many sports can you say that about?

I admit im not involved with a team. But im involved with Australia, and i find 90% of their games dead boring. (the only good one was in the World Cup against Japan)

Doesn't change the fact soccer is so boring, basing itself on simplicity

Err, simplicity is generally why things succeed. The more complicated something is, the less fans it will attract. That is why often you will see kids in Africa playing football as it doesn't require much, and it is just simple fun.

TBH, I don't see why this is still going. People are different and are going to like different sports. If you are brought up watching AFL, you'll like AFL. If you're brought up watching football, you'll like football. To basically go on like a school kid, going, "My sport is better than yours" just sounds immature. Obviously stats wise, football is bigger and more well known and enjoyed, and I will watch it over an AFL match as that is my preference. But too just constantly go on about how wonderful and better AFL/football is just shows that you obviously don't respect other people's opinions.

Err, simplicity is generally why things succeed. The more complicated something is, the less fans it will attract. That is why often you will see kids in Africa playing football as it doesn't require much, and it is just simple fun.

TBH, I don't see why this is still going. People are different and are going to like different sports. If you are brought up watching AFL, you'll like AFL. If you're brought up watching football, you'll like football. To basically go on like a school kid, going, "My sport is better than yours" just sounds immature. Obviously stats wise, football is bigger and more well known and enjoyed, and I will watch it over an AFL match as that is my preference. But too just constantly go on about how wonderful and better AFL/football is just shows that you obviously don't respect other people's opinions.

Nicely put :)
Too bad the debate will probably continue :p

In the Pakistan vs Australia ODI matches, Geoff Boycott was ranting on about big soccer matches on Tuesday & Monday and then Dean Jones said there is a bigger match on tomorrow - Carlton vs Hawthorn! Priceless. :D

I admit im not involved with a team. But im involved with Australia, and i find 90% of their games dead boring. (the only good one was in the World Cup against Japan)

Yeah, I agree. The Qatar game was alright cus we scored 4 goals lol but the others have been boring. We are simply doing what we need to do to make the World Cup and that's boring soccer tbh.

What about the game against Croatia in the World Cup to take us into the next stage? Or the second leg World Cup Qualifier in 2005 against Uruguay?

In the Pakistan vs Australia ODI matches, Geoff Boycott was ranting on about big soccer matches on Tuesday & Monday and then Dean Jones said there is a bigger match on tomorrow - Carlton vs Hawthorn! Priceless. :D
Didn't fail the expectation either. Carlton vs Hawthorn game that just finished was far more superior to any Soccer game for a long while. Had everything a sporting event could ever want. One of the best matches ever.

What about the game against Croatia in the World Cup to take us into the next stage? Or the second leg World Cup Qualifier in 2005 against Uruguay?

I'm talking about our World Cup qualifiers for the 2010 world cup. Not only is the coverage really really bad when we play overseas (Minus Japan. I'm talking about Uzbekistan etc), but we have just been playing safe and smart soccer seems we are almost certainly through.

Didn't fail the expectation either. Carlton vs Hawthorn game that just finished was far more superior to any Soccer game for a long while. Had everything a sporting event could ever want. One of the best matches ever.

In making that comment I assume you've been watching a lot of soccer lately? Also you must have watched (or have excellent knowledge) of every AFL game played to say this was one of the best ever.

Users who are viewing this thread