Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

Didn't fail the expectation either. Carlton vs Hawthorn game that just finished was far more superior to any Soccer game for a long while. Had everything a sporting event could ever want. One of the best matches ever.

So you watched Liverpool vs Chelsea a few weeks back for example?

Not allot of soccer, but a bit've it. None of the games have as much tension or excitement as Carlton vs Essendon, Collingwood vs Essendon and Hawthorn vs Carlton.

I feel sorry for some of the Soccer fans, because you've been brought up with a boring sport and you'll never truly appreciate how great AFL is. Everytime, someone comes close to scoring a goal in soccer, there is a stoppage because the ball usually goes out of bounces whilst in AFL, teams use smart skills to weave themselves out of defence and the best of games are total nonstop action.

Comparing Soccer to AFL is like comparing the WWE to TNA. WWE is more popular but the quality of wrestling (entertainment) in TNA is miles ahead but TNA will never be more popular then WWE because WWE has existed 10 times longer then TNA much like how Soccer has existed much longer then AFL. It's similar because Soccer is more known worldwide and is more popular but AFL is clearly better when considering all aspects of viewing entertaining and enjoyment. Another similarity is that WWE matches are generally filled with boringness throughout the course of the match (like Soccer) whilst TNA matches are nonstop action (like AFL).

Once again, that's your opinion. You were brought up with AFL and prefer it, I was brought up with football and prefer it. The end part of the season is amazing in football, there's no way AFL can match the excitement of it. And that's not my opinion, it's fact.

Ben, there isn't much of a stoppage when the ball goes out. An besides, a goal kick can lead to an attacking move so it isn't a bad thing.

Once again, that's your opinion. You were brought up with AFL and prefer it, I was brought up with football and prefer it. The end part of the season is amazing in football, there's no way AFL can match the excitement of it. And that's not my opinion, it's fact.
The end part of the season? It has nothing on a final series, so no, it can't be as exciting as AFL and your statement isn't a fact.

What about the game against Croatia in the World Cup to take us into the next stage? Or the second leg World Cup Qualifier in 2005 against Uruguay?

Wasn't a bad game, pitty the stupid English ref ruined the game. Another reason i dislike soccer. Refs can easily decided whether a team wins or loses, most times it comes down to a stupid dive over nothing or something ridiculously soft, just feel a penalty kick is a hefty price. Such as the Italy Australia match. Probably when my dislike of the game really boosted.

But meh, we still pawned England a few years ago 3-1 so that makes me smile.

The end part of the season? It has nothing on a final series, so no, it can't be as exciting as AFL and your statement isn't a fact.
Tomorrow, for my team to avoid being relegated they have to win and hope Barnsley lose, who are playing on the other side of the country. AFL doesn't have permutations like that.

Tomorrow, for my team to avoid being relegated they have to win and hope Barnsley lose, who are playing on the other side of the country. AFL doesn't have permutations like that.
Yes they do.

That's like finishing 9th at the end of the season in AFL because you don't make the finals nor do you get a high draft pick and you've virtually acchieved nothing for the season. The difference is, is that Australia is a way bigger country then England and the distance from one end of Australia to the other is larger then one side of England to the other.

Teams in the AFL that struggle over a long period of time usually either merge with another club or get axed from the competition.

Yes they do.

That's like finishing 9th at the end of the season in AFL because you don't make the finals nor do you get a high draft pick and you've virtually acchieved nothing for the season. The difference is, is that Australia is a way bigger country then England and the distance from one end of Australia to the other is larger then one side of England to the other.

Teams in the AFL that struggle over a long period of time usually either merge with another club or get axed from the competition.

Your first point is irrelevant from what I can tell, so I'll ignore it.

The second point proves to me how AFL clubs do not have such an affinity with their supporters as football clubs do. If Norwich get relegated, what are we supposed to do, merge with Ipswich? Not going to happen in a million years.

What about up at the top? If Reading beat Birmingham and Sheffield United do anything other than win against Crystal Palace they are promoted. That's excitement.

Funny how you don't hold that opinion with your own posts, none of which are opinion and all are fact?

Yes they do.

So... when is Richmond moving to West Sydney or Tasmania?

I seriously cannot believe you're still sticking with this theme that a sideshow like AFL is better than the greatest sport on Earth (proven fact, by the way). I don't have a problem with you liking it, that's your right. But to say it's better than every sport in the world? No way.

More revenue.
More fans.
More outside investments.
More teams.
More competitions.
More players.

Better sport.
Pink is one of the world's most popular artists at the moment. Does that make her good?

Popularity does not=success.

Australia has both soccer and AFL, and we are brought up on both. Lots of people play soccer, more than AFL, but more people watch and enjoy AFL. We have the choice, and many of us play the 'world game' but we still choose AFL as a spectators sport. That's because it's better.

The difference between me and you guys is that I have watched both sports on TV, I've been a spectator in matches of both sports. You guys know everything about soccer and nothing about AFL. I know everything about AFL and a lot about soccer. If you gave both sports a go instead of just one, you'd agree that AFL is a better sport to watch, guaranteed.

Pink is one of the world's most popular artists at the moment. Does that make her good?

Popularity does not=success.

Australia has both soccer and AFL, and we are brought up on both. Lots of people play soccer, more than AFL, but more people watch and enjoy AFL. We have the choice, and many of us play the 'world game' but we still choose AFL as a spectators sport. That's because it's better.

The difference between me and you guys is that I have watched both sports on TV, I've been a spectator in matches of both sports. You guys know everything about soccer and nothing about AFL. I know everything about AFL and a lot about soccer. If you gave both sports a go instead of just one, you'd agree that AFL is a better sport to watch, guaranteed.

No offence but saying that is guaranteed just ruins your post.

No it doesn't. I like Cricket allot more then AFL, but AFL is clearly better to watch.

Sorry Ben, but yes it is. He's saying that if millions and millions of people watch AFL, even if they hate it to the brink of crying, that they're guaranteed to think it's better to watch?

Can't agree with ya.

Users who are viewing this thread