Quarter finals - Germany vs Argentina

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Germany vs Argentina, 30 June 2006, 17:00, Berlin

I would say Germany are favourites for this one after their last few games. Argentina have played well but don't think they will be good enough to beat the Germans.

aussie1st said:
Germany vs Argentina, 30 June 2006, 17:00, Berlin

I would say Germany are favourites for this one after their last few games. Argentina have played well but don't think they will be good enough to beat the Germans.
Partially agree with this, as Argentina have had to play tougher opposition than Germany.

indeed a fancy a 3-1 win to argentina here. but id rather germany win because we need argentina out.

m_vaughan said:
Partially agree with this, as Argentina have had to play tougher opposition than Germany.

Well their first big test in Sweden they took care of no problem. Argentina can win of course but Germany are looking really good now.

IMO Germany still have to play a good team. Sweden where very poor today

Im going for 2-0 or 3-0 to Argentina

jazz said:
IMO Germany still have to play a good team. Sweden where very poor today

Im going for 2-0 or 3-0 to Argentina
Cant blame the Germans for that. Sweden werent allowed to play by them.

If anything the home ground support will spur Germany through. It can make quite a difference.

Yes and because of that I expect the Germans to just edge this one, although the Argentines can very easily prove me wrong.

I still have my doubts about the German defence.

This is a big match guys! you are NOT taking Argentina too seriosly! Argentina IMO are a threat to Germany! Both teams will try their best and i know that it will be a spectacular match! But if.. IF Germany loose it will be a very very big shame for them.. be cause they are the hosts.. and loosing so early.. neah..

Indeed Argentina have some great players in their ranks but if the Germans can play the game at the same tempo they did with Sweden then they are going to win in it. The Swedish defence did'nt know what hit it and same could be the case with Argentina.

Definately Germany, in incredible form and Argentina still looking for their natural game where they dominate.

IloveGilly said:
Definately Germany, in incredible form and Argentina still looking for their natural game where they dominate.
Argentina 6-0 Serbia and Montenegro. If they reproduce that form here, then only god can save Germany.

If the Mexico vs Argentina game is anything to go by, this one will be a great match! Argentina the in-form favourites vs Germany the in-form hosts.

Can't wait for this one.

It will be great with both sides going great guns.
I'd say the one who wins this will be in action on 9th July in the Finals.

Users who are viewing this thread