Rugby Union World Cup 2007

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
yea we will have to tAKE ADVANTAGE of their scrum and weaknesses/
i cannot see us losing though. We have knocked out Aus and France against all odds. whats going to stop us beating South Africa

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Griffo, you do not know what you're talking about so rather just don't even try.

Your only reacting like that because its your side... Argentina made the mistakes which lead to each South African try bar one which didnt really matter. I feel if Argentina had played like they have all tournament they would have scared the daylights out of Saffers

i cannot see us losing though. We have knocked out Aus and France against all odds. whats going to stop us beating South Africa

I hate to admit it but I think your pack will be way to strong to deal with

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

If we win, it'll definitely be the biggest sporting turnaround of all time!
Are the Aussies/French better than SA?

Anyone here lucky (and brave) enough to bet on us to reach the Final, or even win the Cup? If you bet on reaching the Final, you must be quids in now!!!

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
My pick against England take 3. Surely they can't beat SA, France and Aus both had their weaknesses. SA were my true 2nd behind the ABs so if the English beat them, then it's a dam amazing achievement by SA.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
that was the one of the best nights of my life. We were quality. :D I'll find out today whether I get finals tickets, keeping my fingers crossed!

PhilD123

International Coach
that was the one of the best nights of my life.
What have I told you about the "dodgy" streets of Paris;)

I just got told yesterday morning about the score, after camping at the D of E weekend. 2 of the teachers went to the pub to watch it, as their big rugby fans, but none of us were able to:(. We've done so much better than people expected so to get to the final is such a massive achievement, but it'd be great to retain the trophy.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
So, SA have already started shooting their mouths off, saying that they're going to thrash us again. Keep it up lads, keep it up! Remember what happened to the last bunch of 'worldbeaters' that said that about us!!

Bring it on, ladies! :cool:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
SA are favoruites and for a reason although we have probably overcome the better sides to get where we are now. Hope we win, hope i get my tickets too!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Come on England. No idea what the rules are, always get frustrated by them kicking it all the damn time rather than running but i'll still bandwagon and watch the final.

I would quite happily have us get beat 100-0 as long as Everton win the derby though.

D

Deleted member 13648

It's basically Rugby League but you don't give the ball back after 5 tackles.

Oh, and less shite than League ;)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
League > Union

I just don't understand why no coach has gone to his team, "hang about lads, let's try running with the ball instead of twatting it one and we might get a few tries like". I mean, the only reason they kick it in League is because you only have 6 tackles so why when they have seemingly infinite tackles in Union do they kick it all the damn time?!

me = n00b

CortezTheKiller

Club Cricketer
League > Union

I just don't understand why no coach has gone to his team, "hang about lads, let's try running with the ball instead of twatting it one and we might get a few tries like". I mean, the only reason they kick it in League is because you only have 6 tackles so why when they have seemingly infinite tackles in Union do they kick it all the damn time?!

me = n00b

It's essentially because the senior code (that's union) has contested possession, unlike its illegitimate northern offspring (;)). That's what the flankers (which league has done away with) are for; they're supposed to be the first players to the breakdowns to recycle the ball. League obviously gives teams six tackles to score or the ball is handed over to the oppo if it hasn't been punted away on the fifth.

In theory in union you can have unlimited phases of possession (in fact you do sometimes see 10-12 phases), but teams might have to commit too many players to a ruck to secure possession meaning that the best option is to punt for field position, rather than a player getting isolated and the ball being turned over (or a penalty conceded for holding onto the ball after being tackled), particularly if he's in his own 22 when he can kick a ball out on the full. If he's outside the ball must bounce in the field of play before going into touch or the line-out is taken from where he kicked it rather than where it landed.

I actually do like league too, I hasten to add.

Users who are viewing this thread