South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Just great we got Gibbs back in form.

Starting to wonder if we can keep Tait and Johnson in the same team especially if Johnson keeps leaking runs like this to go with Tait's usual.

Congrats to Kallis well deserved 10,000 runs.

Can someone xplain why Hussey D is in the team? Seems way out of his depth as a batsman and dropping that sitter it makes his position extremely questionable.

Finally we have a bowler wicket and a catch! Don't know how Johnson does it but he continues to get wickets from wide ones while his good balls are missed.

bowser said:
Can someone xplain why Hussey D is in the team? Seems way out of his depth as a batsman and dropping that sitter it makes his position extremely questionable.

I see your an Aussie, so surely you know of his fantastic Domestic Records?

Just great we got Gibbs back in form.

Starting to wonder if we can keep Tait and Johnson in the same team especially if Johnson keeps leaking runs like this to go with Tait's usual.

Congrats to Kallis well deserved 10,000 runs.
Well it's all been Gibbs up to this point, Johnson has taken him out of the equation and they're possibly right in the game with the old ball expected to be difficult.

I also think with Tait getting just a hint of early swing, that can often indicate he will be able to reverse swing the old ball. If he has at least 4 overs at the death, I think he'll come back into the match.

Agree wouldn't surprise me if Tait did get reverse and hes good at the death. Not to mention he did lead us to a WC win. So the pressure is on Johnson to start putting his name in the frame. He certainly is getting some low bounce just needs to get rid of all those 4 balls he keeps giving.

This is South Africa's game to lose. Dropped chances and sloppy bowling has let Australia down. Plus Gibbs > Warner.

Go the Bracks, does a Johnson. Seems like this series continues to shift with neither side being able to dominate.

Users who are viewing this thread