South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Jeez, Johnson can be wayward sometimes. Ponting's going to have problems bowling out these last few overs. Variety will be a good thing I guess.

If we weren't already gone with SA not even needing 6 an over, then having Hauritz and Johnson needing to bowl 4 of the last 5 overs will.

If we weren't already gone with SA not even needing 6 an over, then having Hauritz and Johnson needing to bowl 4 of the last 5 overs will.
Indeed, that's why I wanted to see David Hussey. If he bowled 3 overs for 18 then so what? Johnson's obligation to bowl out his overs just ended up being a liability.

Other team should learn from us how to throw a game :rolleyes: Brilliant :clap

Just shows Hauritz is no good under pressure and Johnson needs a lot more work. He's not as successful in ODI because he lacks variety, and when he does have it, it's a mile off.

South Africa win. Now have 2 games left, with 1 needed to win the series. Australia are now under massive pressure, be massive for South Africa to win the Test and ODi series in Australia, especially when you consider than Smith's out for the ODi series. Albie's over off Hauritz ended the game, the first six was a mammoth hit.

Indeed, that's why I wanted to see David Hussey. If he bowled 3 overs for 18 then so what? Johnson's obligation to bowl out his overs just ended up being a liability.

Yep we needed to use Dave Hussey way earlier, he could have covered Hauritz and Johnson. It's always good not being forced to bowl out some bowlers who aren't going so well. Definitely needed to finish Hauritz well before the death. Anyway that's probably the last we will see of him, don't know how much better Heal is but he is performing much better in the FRC. But most likely Hilfy in for Hauritz. I hope Johnson lifts as we can't be carrying him.

What an awesome player Albie is, I just wish he was a bit more economical with his bowling.

I see your an Aussie, so surely you know of his fantastic Domestic Records?

He may have a fantastic Domestic record but I had a great grade cricket record and I wouldn't have handled the step up. He isn't up to it. To much mug lair in his batting against the better quality encountered in this level of cricket.

He averages 35 with a strike rate over 100, that's a pretty good international record considering he bats down the order. I do feel abit bad for him though, not only is he not as talented as his brother Mike, but he's also the uglier of the 2. Got nothing going for him lol. He's got one heck of a List A record though and I'm sure if he's given chance to develop his game he'll be a class ODi player. He's certainly got enough talent.

Albie is a great player, he has done a lot for Chennai Super Kings.;) Now Aussies have to win both the matches.

Just shows Hauritz is no good under pressure and Johnson needs a lot more work. He's not as successful in ODI because he lacks variety, and when he does have it, it's a mile off.

Have to agree about Hauritz. Couldn't get a game for Queensland and struggles to get a game for NSW. Johnson is usually pretty good but just came back from a break and needed the run.

But the problem isn't the bowling so much as woeful middle order batting by Australia. They have yet to show any form in any shape of the game in the middle order this season. I think that Hussey M should retreat back down the order where he was so good for a number of years as a finisher and hopefully add something to th elower middle order. Hopes either needs to come in at opener or 3. Michael clarke is needed back in the side both for his bowling and batting. Symonds isn't the answer until he can get runs and prove he is fit to bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread