South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Have to agree about Hauritz. Couldn't get a game for Queensland and struggles to get a game for NSW. Johnson is usually pretty good but just came back from a break and needed the run.

He is in NSW's first team One Day line-up, and is great under pressure. In particular at North Sydney oval against victoria when they were about 0-30 odd after about 4 overs, Hauritz came in and stopped all the run scoring. He constantly has figures of about 1 or 2/ 25-40 off his 10.

Morkel is doing a similar job to what Klusener did for many years for us. Great hitting today.

I was worried about this odi side before the series started but they have performed much better than in england. Still disappointed that none of the batsmen are going on to get the hundreds.

Just like in tests horroritz is a nothing bowler.
Even before that over where morkel smashed him he had poor bowling figures on a pitch that SA spinners did well

We cant afford to have the wild thing Shaun Tait and Mitch Johnson in the same 1day team both are aggressive wicket taking bowlers who can get 5 for 30 or 1 for 60+.

Hilfy with tait an bracken
or hilfy with johson an bracken is a much better mix.

But our bowlers didnt lose this match it was the batsmen and SA bowling in the middle.
Dave hussey is more than capable at this level dont forget he is coming in an has to score at a run a ball or better from ball 1.
Normally he gets a chance to come in earlier an get settled then ends up with a good score an close to a run a ball in state an county cricket.
So coming in around over 35-40 isnt ideal for him but he has still done pretty well.

We have serious batting issues. Even Clarke wouldn't of helped us here. Bring back Haydos.
though our bowlers aren't performing. We used to always be saved by our bowlers, but not this season

I really was shocked to see the way Pointing got out. that was really bad judged. at a time Oz were 6+ RR, run out not expected at least with Hussey.

Great win for South Africa! :clap:happy

Hauritz has been solid for NSW this season but Heal for mind has been going the better. However as I said before we probably won't play him again so Hilfy can come back into the lineup. Still doesn't help our problem when Tait and Johnson are on their off days but Tait has shown good control at the death so I would be more worried about Johnson.

The batting might have cost us but I really don't see what we can do about it. Can we drop Mike Hussey, Brad Haddin?

If David Hussey had caught Gibbs for 0 off Tait's first over, you wouldn't be saying this.

Seem to recall Ponting shelling one that same over too!

manee added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Hauritz has been solid for NSW this season but Heal for mind has been going the better. However as I said before we probably won't play him again so Hilfy can come back into the lineup. Still doesn't help our problem when Tait and Johnson are on their off days but Tait has shown good control at the death so I would be more worried about Johnson.

Just thought I'd note that I am a massive fan of Hilfenhaus - that is all.

He is in NSW's first team One Day line-up, and is great under pressure. In particular at North Sydney oval against victoria when they were about 0-30 odd after about 4 overs, Hauritz came in and stopped all the run scoring. He constantly has figures of about 1 or 2/ 25-40 off his 10.

Yes, but it seems in the big leagues he's just not able to maintain his composure. Just like in the Test matches, he seemed like the target they were going after. Against the likes of Gibbs, Kallis and now Morkel, it just doesn't seem like enough.

The batting might have cost us but I really don't see what we can do about it. Can we drop Mike Hussey, Brad Haddin?

It's not really good that the line-up will have to be changed so often. Hopes is a consistent bundle but may have to be removed for Clarke. Hauritz isn't consistent enough for the big grades. Tait is a risk factor but adds a nice touch to the team, but he can be a burn-out. Johnson was horribly off yesterday. Just not how one of Australias best bowlers could bowl, and we've seen it during the Test matches as well.

I have concerns on Brad Haddins keeping as well. Too many times has the ball just flown to the back of the boundary, it never happened as much with Gilchrist around. Michael Hussey seems like a solid part of the Australian team always, don't think they'll drop him anytime soon since he still averages 50+.

Well the selectors are actually changing the lineup through their resting policy. But I agree not the ideal way to go but guess it's better to do it now than in the World Cup.

Agree with Haddin, never knew he was this bad with the gloves. His batting will start coming under the scope soon, we do need him to start performing with the bat.

Are you guys serious? Didn't you watch the India series or the South African test matches. Haddin dropped catches at crucial stages. Add to that he chucked the ball at a helmet costing 5 runs. He's probably the best glovemen Australia have hence why the media went after his batting. Lol strange. My cousin finds Albie hot. She finds Morne ugly.

Well we have three options really, we can drop Haddin for a guy like Ronchi who probably won't be much better at keeping anyway, we can pick a more talented gloveman like a Crostwhaite (which is extremely unlikely) or throw in a future star like Paine into the deep end. Having said that, it seems best to keep Haddin in the team because there's no obvious replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread