South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Awesome 100 from Smith the first of the match and now we are fighting history. SA has never lost when Smith has scored a 100 and on this pitch SA are well and truely favourites.

I didn't know about that fact. So all his previous 17 Test centuries have led to 17 victories?

According to the commentators he has.
Finally some movement, if we can't strike with this then we can pretty much write this match off.

Because chasing a target of 400+ is impossible at Perth.
But batting for 160 overs is?

Smith has raised a gregarious century, overcoming an ongoing elbow injury and some sharp bowling early on. He's scoring fluently now and it's safe to say that as long as he's at the crease, South Africa are chasing the target. To draw from here, they'll have to score at less than 2.3 runs per over, half as fast as the current partnership.

But batting for 160 overs is?

Smith has raised a gregarious century, overcoming an ongoing elbow injury and some sharp bowling early on. He's scoring fluently now and it's safe to say that as long as he's at the crease, South Africa are chasing the target. To draw from here, they'll have to score at less than 2.3 runs per over, half as fast as the current partnership.
But they cannot bat consistently like this for all the time tomorrow.:rolleyes:

I am pretty sure the last day of this Test match will be watched closely on the South African and Australian TVs. Some years back Australians were bored that they didn't have enough competition. Well, they've got it now.

In cricinfo, they have mentioned that the closing time is 18:30hrs, but it's showing 18:53hrs in local time(i.e. Perth time). And still 18 overs remaining!:eek:

I bow down to Johnson, hes got the massive wicket of Smith and we are back in this match. Hes got ones of the best change of pace going around.

aussie1st added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

In cricinfo, they have mentioned that the closing time is 18:30hrs, but it's showing 18:53hrs in local time(i.e. Perth time). And still 18 overs remaining!:eek:

They extended for 1 hour plus the 30 minutes that we usually use due to rain.

Smith walks off after making a brilliant century. Mitchell get's his 10th wicket of the match

Last edited:
I bow down to Johnson, hes got the massive wicket of Smith and we are back in this match. Hes got ones of the best change of pace going around.

It's not merely a slower ball (change of pace). It's very much a cutter. And the pitch is offering him some nice grip. Great bowling from the leftie.

17 centuries for Smith had 13 victories and 4 draws.

Hehe thought it was too good to be true. The draw is a long shot so we would pretty much need to break his record and add his first loss. Problem is Kallis is the man for this situation and Alma is looking good. De Villers also in great form.

aussie1st added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

It's not merely a slower ball (change of pace). It's very much a cutter. And the pitch is offering him some nice grip. Great bowling from the leftie.

Not surprising, hes already got 3 wickets with it.

We need the wicket of Kallis asap :D he is famous for his long innings.

Users who are viewing this thread