South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Despite this Haddin/Krejza salvo, the South Africans are still favourites in my book. Anything below 350 is a joke to chase on this flat wicket. I foresee a massive opening partnership from Smith and McKenzie followed by solid contributions from Amla and Boucher taking them home. There's really nothing in the pitch for either Lee or Siddle and hardly right for Krejza and Johnson to carry our attack despite taking 9 between them last innings.

Krejza can push for the all-rounders role if he gets a triple figure score. It will certainly reduce the chances of him being dropped just for being a spinner. Then over rated Watson can only get in for his bowling. Haddin is doing a good job and can continue to accumulate. The SA are favourites: Ntini and Morkel need to open tomorrow. If a wicket falls zone in Mr. Steyn for the lesser bowler.

Krejza is finally out by Kallis. But it had to take a great catch of de Villiers to remove him.

Haddin still going strong as he brings up his 50. I'm so happy he has finally found his feet on the international scene.

Johnson is out, but he did his job by scoring 21 runs. One wicket to go for South Africa. Australia need 28 runs to get a 400 runs lead.

Only way to get Krejza out was from a stunner, one shot he didn't get in the middle. Johnson looked alright just wasn't able to connect properly with that last one.

I'd probably keep Siddle away from Ntini, I suspect his angle will get him.

Our tail has once again batted really good, with the help of Haddin. We have a really healthy lead now. I think 350 would have been enough tbh.

Feelin Blue? added 6 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Fark! Should have just went for the single. It was too risky doing it when he was over the wicket.

Bad luck to Haddin he really deserved a 100 there. I'm guessing Ponting was going to declare at lunch so he just went all guns blazing.

man! i was telling him to calm the hell down! i knew he was gona get out now. i thought he was gona get out right after he hit that 4 after 2 6s. but he didnt. but eventually he did

Haddin went to greedy and wanted to get his century with a six. He is out by Harris. Australia has a lead of 413 runs. It will be either a draw or a victory for Australia.

WOW! Great batting from Haddin, one of my fav batsmen now. Heis fearless. Unlucky on the stumping though. But those sixes and boundaires where breathtaking WOAH!

Good on him..

South africa have a big challenge now chasing a total of over 400.

Nah it wont be a draw, there will be a result. I put my life on it

Users who are viewing this thread