South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Good ball by Kallis. Unusually rash shot by Katich. He had been leaving those but got tempted into it. He would usually go for more wider stuff.

Huss on a pair.

Katich gone, great bowling from kallis. And a great catch from mark boucher diving to his left. Fantastic cricket from South Africa.

Big breakthrough

Whoa, there's the proper WACA bounce, hiding in the footmarks. The grass is dulling it down! Get rid of it!

This may come across as weird but Ponting's pull looks very...beautiful lol. The way he finishes up and looks over while maintaining that composure...

Harris certainly looks to be a handy spinner for SA. Economical, gets turn and now bounce to get Ponting. Like Smith, Ponting just never looked in after his injury.

Hussey isn't looking so invincible atm getting out to a lot of poor shots by his high standards.

This is the time for Symonds to produce a knock, we are in some trouble here. At least we have our form batsmen Clarke in.

well a double strike has i guess...stuffed up australia lol., We need to get to at least 250 by the morning. We need a big lead.

great test match:D

Australia lead by 191 runs with 6 wickets remaining,they should now build their inngs,there still plenty of time in this test,this is 3rd day,2nd session,they can still bat for 8o-90 overs (if they play well)they can then get good lead...lets see...

Clarke, Symonds, Haddin, even Lee and Krejza all made decent scores in the first innings, but only the latter managed to avoid getting out to an over-ambitious shot. With a bit of extra resilience, they should be able to present a huge target for South Africa.

Geez this is good test cricket. The game is really in the balance , this last session will decide the match IMO. Need two partnerships and some runs from the tail again. There is bit of spin and uneven bounce , I would be happy with a lead of around 350.

Steyn opening spell showed why he has his stats, got swing and pace. Hopefully Lee can find that same shape as we will need it in the 2nd inns. If he can't find it, I do wonder how much longer he has in our side since he no longer is our fastest bowler.

And this is the time for Roy to stand up, he isn't coming in with the game setup for him, he needs to rescue us.

I can't see Roy or Clarke doing anything stupid. It would have to be a right good ball to get them out this time around.

Ntini and Harris both produced good balls when they got Hussey and Ponting out respectively. I dont think Hussey played a bad shot, 8/10 times he plays that pull from outside off it comes off. Harris got a lot of bounce and Ponting didn't know how to handle it.

I would still say we are in front with Symonds and Clarke at the crease and we have over a 200 run lead.

Steyn, another wicket with a gumby of a ball. Why can't you take wickets with good deliveries, like our Mitchell?

Users who are viewing this thread