South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Ponting survives the king - and normal - pair with a 2.

Shot katich, that's one of his best of the day. Great flick off the legs, a carbon copy of Pontings shot just earlier.

Isn't Aleem Dar the one who also gave Hayden out unfairly in India? If so then yeah, he is subtly attempting to ruin Hayden's career or something...

Good bowling by Steyn, the wicket had to come edventually though. Hayden took it well though.

Isn't Aleem Dar the one who also gave Hayden out unfairly in India? If so then yeah, he is subtly attempting to ruin Hayden's career or something...

LOL you know how stupid that sounds?

Hayden gone,Ponting look good, Australia lead by 133 runs,so its quite evenly balanced 1st session

There's no first innings points in International cricket :p

i know, but i was using it as a figure of speech>:rolleyes:;)

South Africa got the breakthrough of hayden however. The way they're going the australians are gonna reach 250+ by the end of the day. Keeping it tight is as good as getting wickets.

i know, but i was using it as a figure of speech>:rolleyes:;)

It's called a first innings lead.

:D

Feelin Blue? added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Ponting is so strong off his pads. Probably the best player off his pads I've ever seen. I only really watch Australia play mainly, so don't bite my head off if you disagree.

Good session of cricket.

Nice and even throughout. Aussies got the final 2 wickets quick smart and batted for a bit. But the South Africans got the breakthrough of hayden. Looking forward to the rest of the days play and of the test series.:D

He's definitely one of the best onside players Australia have ever had. What makes him simply great is that he's not particularly weak on the offside and not noticeably weaker on either the front or back foot. More often than not, the only thing stopping him is his compulsion to offer a shot early on, which to be fair, is something that usually comes off.

Gotta feel for Hayden trying to get himself out of this mess he gets a real roughie. Although he did get one in his favour early so could say justice has prevailed in the end.

He's definitely one of the best onside players Australia have ever had. What makes him simply great is that he's not particularly weak on the offside and not noticeably weaker on either the front or back foot. More often than not, the only thing stopping him is his compulsion to offer a shot early on, which to be fair, is something that usually comes off.

Once he is in, or not against the new ball Ponting is strong on the offside. He's got a devastating cover drive and straight drive but he always looks to get really far forward and sometimes appears to be a bit unbalanced and gets that nick early on. Like you said he would be better off if he left more delivery's.

Haydos :mad: He was really struggling though. I don't think hes finished yet but its not looking too good. Hopefully he can make another ton in the boxing day test.

Steyn getting nice curve with the new ball. If he can bowl just outside the off stump to Punter he is a big chance to get another one. But if you bowl straight to punter, he will put it away all day along. Both Katich and Punter looking good , a big partnership here could seal the game.

Shocking fielding from the south africans. Overthrow and a single has turned into 5 runs.

tutt tutt tutt.

woot woot woot:D

Users who are viewing this thread