South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

1 wicket and we will be back in game. Cmon Lee and Johny boy :upray

The game will boil down to what Australia defend the next 50 runs.If they can nip a couple off,they`ll have momentum going into the final leg of the chase.If they do not do that, it`ll all go downhill from there on with the bowlers fagging and the batsmen relieved of the pressure.

Did Symonds bowl today? I missed the first half an hour.

Luck is even also with these Proteas :rolleyes: inside edge but no harm to Kallis or stumps :(

Taylor for some reason feels the need to compare this to a AUS v SRL game where Warnie cleaned Sri Lanka up.I see no one capable of doing a Warne here.
I see a lot more similarity to the India v England test at Chennai last week.As I said, Kallis will have to play the Sachin role and AB to play the Yuvraj role.The wicket is also a lo better than the last day Chennai wicket.SA should win it from here.

If South Africa wins today, this will be the highest runchase ever in Test matches or not?

Johnson gets the wicket of Kallis. 111 runs and 6 wickets are left.

This is Duminy's chance to grab his chance.

Luck is even also with these Proteas :rolleyes: inside edge but no harm to Kallis or stumps :(

Don`t you feel other sides would have had similar sort of bad-luck going their way when the Aussies were dominating test-cricket ?
As I post, there goes Kallis.Hopefully, the Proteas won`t choke.I would like to see Boucher come ahead of Duminy.

Thats a absolute ripper by Hussey :happy Johny Boy :happy now we will only have to attack Duminy and co. Leave AB Devillers

If South Africa wins today, this will be the highest runchase ever in Test matches or not?

Johnson gets the wicket of Kallis.

It will be the 2nd highest.The West Indies hold the record for the highest run chase of 420.

It has been 42 years ago that South Africa won a Test series against Australia. It has been 15 years ago that South Africa won a Test match against Australia.

Kallis' wicket really slowed things down.

The required runs are now under 100 runs.

Last edited:
This match will be finished beofre the tea session, whether we take wickets or not :p Need to get De Villiers. Boucher is also a tough customer so won't be easy to get rid of him.

Users who are viewing this thread