South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

If Australia will lose this match, they will have lost three in four Test matches. The other match was drawn.

Duminy looks like he could hold out. They need to take their time, run rate is not important, they just need to keep wickets in hand

Duminy looks like he could hold out. They need to take their time, run rate is not important, they just need to keep wickets in hand

Yes, so far it sees he has paitence. The fac is Proteas only need to take singles to win this. RR is not even 2 :( we need wickets :crying Cmon Boys get me some wickets just after lunch.

Cm'on Saffers. Beat the Aussies. :happy

Two wins chasing huge totals back to back in world cricket will mean teams will now look for 500 to declare.

One could see how much Mr.Lawry wants the Aussies to win by how he said `Hes Out!` when Lee was nowhere near close to that aerial stroke by AB.

Well Aussies are not accustomed to loosing. This year has been tough for Aussie players, fans and even commentators.

They better get used to be bbeaten every now and then now.

Well Aussies are not accustomed to loosing. This year has been tough for Aussie players, fans and even commentators.

They better get used to be bbeaten every now and then now.

They are still well in this one.
A couple of quick wickets within the next 20 runs would put them back.Krejza would be my bet for someone to turn the game around.

My prediction is that Krejza will get AB out and Symonds/Hussey will pull somethig brilliant off in the field.

Geez Ponting is really gifting SA the game here. After lunch Johnson should have been bowling with Krejza. Instead Siddle and Krejza have let SA slide on along closer and closer to the total.

Ponting has still not learnt his lesson :rolleyes: even this partnership is of 45 runs :eek:

Are we seeing the emperor walking the streets like a common man here! If Australia lose this game, just have a look at Australia`s test match results for this year.
Starting with the Sydney test at the start of the year which they won,to this test match :
India played 7 tests against India this year, of which they lost 3 and won only 1.
They beat NZ and West Indies in between and now against SA,they are struggling again.

So, if you take out the series against the wooden-spoon contestants NZ and WIN,Australia have had a disastrous year.

Ponting has still not learnt his lesson :rolleyes: even this partnership is of 45 runs :eek:

Just cultivate the habit of appreciating when someone is playing well.. Way Villiers have been playing is just m-a-g-n-i-f-i-c-e-n-t.. And the way Johnson bowled in this test match is also m-a-g-n-i-f-i-c-e-n-t!

I feel, SouthAfrica really miss A.Prince/Gibbs to make the line-up look stronger.

Both Lee and Johnson are bowling a little too short.Mark Nicolas seems to be mentioning the lack of swing time and again but none of the bowlers bar Siddle have bowled the line which would allow the ball to swing.Add to that the fact that neither of them are great revers swing bowlers and the problem gets compounded.

Last edited:
SA reaching towars that magical 4th inngs total...South Africa require another 51 runs with 6 wickets remaining

Its almost all over now.They have not looked like picking up a wicket all session.

Users who are viewing this thread