South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

I feel this whole 1st session have changed the course of game and possibly series,last 3 Aus inngs we have seen that they give away or loose wickets (whatever),they might have thought that they would be coming to bat in 1st session itself,now that the lead is close to 50,and with Perth loss,they would certianly like to get 450-500 runs,for that they need close to 4-5 sessions (if at all they bat well,and at good rate),even their bowlers are not that effective to get 10 wickets of SA cheaply (Johnson was effective for just 1 inngs,even he didnt get wickets later).If Aus wants to win this series,they need to win this match,as well as next one,time is now passing by,as well a their lead,if they draw this one,they need to win next one to draw the series,so thats why i feel this 1 session has definately affected them

I agree...this may have affected psycologically,also Hayden who comes to open the inngs is not in form,that means there will be pressure on him as well as the team,they need good opening partnership,lets see how they bat now.

Steyn close to 50,Duminy close to 100,why not put up a queation in vbookie :
Will SA go beyond Aus in runs,or will Aus have some lead in their hand?That will be a good question.

Steyn close to 50,Duminy close to 100,why not put up a queation in vbookie :
Will SA go beyond Aus in runs,or will Aus have some lead in their hand?That will be a good question.

Steyn has crossed 50 run mark,and really that is interesting question,add it to vbookie....anybody listening?

Last edited:
I can't see SA losing this match now. Steyn will be fired up and we know what our batters will do... Then they will feast on our 3 man bowling attack which really is just a 1 man bowling attack. If Siddle is meant to be a workhorse his trainer wouldn't be happy with his 10km/h drop in pace.

The body language of the Australians has dropped down miserably, the shoulders are drooping and one can clearly mark that they have perhaps raised the white flag.

Haha, horrible fielding, someone should have backed Pup up there, 5 overthrows. Duminy on 97. Hope he makes a ton.

Makes me wonder if it's worth going tomorrow. :P

Fantastic knock by JP Duminy!,one of the finest 100's of this year,great...really great...

Great 100 by Dumniy,he got god support from tail-enders,for Aus its difficult from here to win,not impossible but difficult for sure,because getting 10 wickets is less time seems to be difficult for their bowlers.

What a knock by JP awesome and well deserved 100. And hes now screwing us over for the 2nd test in the a row.

Neil McKenzie won't be happy, that's an excellent knock, well deserved, and good support by Steyn.

I can see it. "Men of the Match: Jean-Paul Duminy & Dale Steyn"

Haha, the way things are going, I think Steyn might get a ton!

Last edited:
SA didnt get any 3 digit partnership at top,this is their highest partnersip of this inngs,why not put one bet in vbookie: Will Steyn get to 100?

Aus desperately needs those 2 wickets now...both these batsman have played well...partnership of 173 runs ,Steyn:74 & Duminy :141.
South Africa lead by 30 runs

FREAKING FINALLY ARGH

Steyn out on 76, brilliant innings, reckon Ntini will last as long and will Siddle get 5?

Users who are viewing this thread