South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Harris should have been given last over.

Steyn will make 60 or 80.
Sometimes it hurts.

Funny stuff all round, really. Mike Hussey became a crucial wicket-taker and Ricky Ponting actually dropped one. Much maligned going into the game, Siddle and Hauritz didn't do as well today as yesterday, but they still finish up being the picks of the bowlers. Those who wanted Lee to be removed from the attack finally got their wish, while the captain's disdain for his only wrist spinner confounded more than one onlooker. Symonds eventually bowled, but many would probably feel that Watson's bowling would still have been of more use.

No ball. That would have been close shout. :p

It seems it has been stumps just a couple of minutes ago. And I was pretty surprised that South Africa has taken the lead. Great batting performances by Harris, Steyn and especially Duminy. It is going to be really harsh, when Prince recovers from his injury and takes over Duminy's spot.

Australia were that desperate, that they Hussey bowling and it seems it worked, because he got a wicket.

It seems it has been stumps just a couple of minutes ago. And I was pretty surprised that South Africa has taken the lead. Great batting performances by Harris, Steyn and especially Duminy. It is going to be really harsh, when Prince recovers from his injury and takes over Duminy's spot.

Australia were that desperate, that they Hussey bowling and it seems it worked, because he got a wicket.

I think Price will be sitting out for while now. Got injured at wrong time.

To be honest McKenzie will be dropped and they will open with Amla or De Villiers and Smith, have Duminy at 5 and Prince at 6.

EDIT: Considering Lee can't run, my preferred, not guessed lineup for Sydney is;
Katich
Hayden/Rogers
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Noffke/Watson
Hauritz
Johnson
Siddle
Hilfenhaus/Bollinger

Last edited:
I seriously wonder what Ponting has against Katich bowling. Maybe hes been bowled by him too many times in the nets by him!

Time for Tait to come back in side. His reverse swing would have got these tailenders easily.

great stuff from Duminy and the lower order. He made the most of the opportunity, its good to know that South Africa have a good young batsman waiting for his spot. And he did it on one of the hardest and most challenging tours in only his 2nd test. Congrats to him.

They never said that, just ruled out of this match and probably Sydney, but it really wouldn't surprise me. Keep watching Channel 9 tonight for his press conference.

Also, why Hughes instead of Katich, our most consistent batsman with Haddin?! He's still a bit young I reckon, wait another year or so, when Steven Smith will be in the mix.

Last edited:
Time for Tait to come back in side. His reverse swing would have got these tailenders easily.

Yes,they need a good fast bowler,as it is Lee is not in form and he is injured,they need one quick bowler..

Never wish an injury on someone but yessss finally we should get a swing bowler in there! Hifly probably in although his form of late hasn't been great but this is the short forms of the game. In saying that Nannes is cleaning up in all forms of the game and Bollinger going pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread