South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Superb moment this for the South Africans. They deserved it thoroughly, wonderful all-round performance. They have been playing their best cricket ever oflate and this has to be the best reward they have got for all that. Smith and his boys run into the ground to join Amla and McKenzie. Stumps being uprooted, Smith applaudes the South African fans present here at MCG. That's a special stump to cherish I'm sure, Boucher joins the act, he makes sure that Steyn has one.

This is indeed a new year gift for all those who have supported them through the bad times and been their to applaud their efforts in the good times too. They are not looking at Sydney at the moment, they will let their hair down for a bit, enjoy this moment, party hard and then re-focus on their game which has earned them all of this.

McDonald is very underrated. Good future prospect, averaging 52 with the bat and 30 with the ball in the last 3 years. Would be a useful pick, except that Symonds is still there. He's been hobbling around for the past two weeks, why is he magically going to recover in 4 days? He's not going to pull up sore, he's going to be included again.

Hahahahaha and Australia wins ...:eek:...its South Africa:hpraise. India and S.Africa:boxing ..Pointing we will bring a new age of cricket ... :crying....hahahaha..I Loved Kevin's comment on
Australia losing ..he was like i had a laugh :D

Cmon Aussie Aussie :p

Finally, we have won a series in Australia. One more test and a win could result in South Africa taking over the no 1 position. Australia haven't played bad enough to deserve a whitewash but they also haven't played well enough to deserve a win.

They have been taking the advantages quite well than any other team. They are hitting us hard when we are down. We will soon stood up again and will make things even with all . Today is Saffer's day and 2 months ago was Indias. Our day will come very soon.

So what do you mean by that.India and SA should`ve waited for the Australians to regroup before beating them !Is it SA or India`s fault that the Aussies are down at the moment ?

I have nothing against the Aussie side or Australians but your posts never give the opposition any credit.It is always bad luck or the Aussies not fielding their best team.You said the same things during the Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2008 loss.At least give some credit to the opposition who have played superb cricket.

Australia have been caught on the wrong foot while on their decline by 2 teams who are in red hot form.There is no disgrace in that.These are phases that every side has to go through.Your bowling attack needs some real patch-up work for the recovery to fully begin.The batting will sort itself out.

For starters, bringing a good swing bowler in would not hurt at all.Nanes seems an impressive bowler from what I saw of him in the Aussie Domestic season and for Middlesex.Now that Lee is injured,they should bring Tait in.What`s the word on Stuey Clark ?Hilfenhaus or Noffke could be the third seamer.The spinners slot is something which is a worry but you guys have to stick to them and not keep on chopping and changing.Are`nt there any good leggies around (No Cam White please)? Bryce McGain should come in if fit as leg-spinner always possess more wicket-taking ability.Where has Dan Cullen disappeared ? Mitchell Johnson cannot single-handedly win matches.He is way too inconsistent to be frugal and take wickets at the same time.

well deserved win for the south africans!

Hahahahaha and Australia wins ...:eek:...its South Africa:hpraise. India and S.Africa:boxing ..Pointing we will bring a new age of cricket ... :crying....hahahaha..I Loved Kevin's comment on

its ponting and not pointing as you keep pointing out.

Update seems like Roy is ruled out now....

Ricky Ponting (captain), Matthew Hayden, Simon Katich, Mike Hussey, Michael Clarke, Brad Haddin, Andrew McDonald, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Hauritz, Doug Bollinger, Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus.

Australia name three rookies - Cricket - Fox Sports

Ok so we are now starting to see new faces, wouldn't mind seeing Hilfy and Bollinger opening the bowling, Johnson first change, McDonald next and Hauritz.

Yeah, simran3 has a habit of talking gibberish and I think it probably should stop; I'd remind everyone of the forum rules regarding readability.

So what do you mean by that.India and SA should`ve waited for the Australians to regroup before beating them !Is it SA or India`s fault that the Aussies are down at the moment ?

I have nothing against the Aussie side or Australians but your posts never give the opposition any credit.It is always bad luck or the Aussies not fielding their best team.You said the same things during the Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2008 loss.At least give some credit to the opposition who have played superb cricket.
Australia have been caught on the wrong foot while on their decline by 2 teams who are in red hot form.There is no disgrace in that.These are phases that every side has to go through.Your bowling attack needs some real patch-up work for the recovery to fully begin.The batting will sort itself out.

For starters, bringing a good swing bowler in would not hurt at all.Nanes seems an impressive bowler from what I saw of him in the Aussie Domestic season and for Middlesex.Now that Lee is injured,they should bring Tait in.What`s the word on Stuey Clark ?Hilfenhaus or Noffke could be the third seamer.The spinners slot is something which is a worry but you guys have to stick to them and not keep on chopping and changing.Are`nt there any good leggies around (No Cam White please)? Bryce McGain should come in if fit as leg-spinner always possess more wicket-taking ability.Where has Dan Cullen disappeared ? Mitchell Johnson cannot single-handedly win matches.He is way too inconsistent to be frugal and take wickets at the same time.

You didn't get my point. Every team would have taken advantage but Saffers has fully utilised it and far better than any team. Definately luck is the biggest factor, without luck any one can't do anything. We definately had our best team, half of our guys are injured but doesn't matter after all as a win is a win.

Our bowling depratnment was still good in shape but definately was weakened missing out few players. Stuey Clark is injured as well as MCgain. You talking about Tait ? He is yet not fully fit to play test once gain. Hauritz is a better spinner than Cullen thats why Selectors picked him. Its a matter of time and we will be back as before.

Congrats Proteas for the series win after a long 16 yrs of drought .

WORLD CHAMPIONS added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Looks like you have also turned into a weed like Harbhajan :rolleyes:

Update seems like Roy is ruled out now....

Ricky Ponting (captain), Matthew Hayden, Simon Katich, Mike Hussey, Michael Clarke, Brad Haddin, Andrew McDonald, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Hauritz, Doug Bollinger, Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus.

Australia name three rookies - Cricket - Fox Sports

Ok so we are now starting to see new faces, wouldn't mind seeing Hilfy and Bollinger opening the bowling, Johnson first change, McDonald next and Hauritz.
Finally. With the exception of Hayden, that is a pretty good squad. I like McDonald and we clearly do need another wicket taking option, plus he can bat too. He's very underrated, has been a key part of Victoria's dominant season this year and also in past years. As long as Symonds doesn't play, at least we're making changes, experimenting a bit ahead of the Ashes which has to be priority number 1.

As long as this is only Hayden's farewell game and not another chance, I'm happy that we've actually made some changes. Happy to see either Hilfenhaus or Bollinger play really, although Hilfy's youth is an advantage.

Great win of South Africa and hopefully they will continue with that form. They did actually better then what I expected. I thought Australia at least would get 4 wickets or so today, but that didn't happen. McKenzie got some runs and that will give him some confidence for next match.

I am just hoping that South Africa and Australia won't take it easy next match (since the Test series has been won by South Africa), because there is a lot to play for next match: the number one spot in Test rankings.

So Dave Hussey still being ignored. I would've been tempted to move M. Hussey to opening (dropping Hayden) and sticking David in the middle order but alas that won't be so.

Congrats to South Africa. The wheels came off for Australia. As much as the commentators love Lee the harsh truth is that his only ace was his pace. I did like Ian Chappel's X11. I wouldn't mind Marcus North in the team but hey Mcdonald is a good pick (though suprising). I personally would move Haddin up to 6. He's confident and he's a lesser version of Brendon Mccullum (though a little more consistent perhaps). Go with 5 bowlers and 6 batsman. If that top 6 can't score then its a joke.

There not dropping Hayden i think there going to give him 1 last match if he fails in the 1st innings he will announce his retirement(forced by selectors) halfway through the match. Giving fans a chance to see him bat 1 last time.

If he performs it still could be his last game.

Mcdonald wont be able to do a thing at test level with the bat i dont rate him at all keep it just outside off an he will be out in no time.

And world champions hauritz is NOT a better spinner than Cullen reason selectors picked him is coz they knew he wouldnt go for many runs.
He is nothing more than a economical spin bowler.

We need to find a economical wicket taking spinner.
So guys like Casson,Cullen are better options long term.
Even krezja is a better option than hauritz.
Krezja can take wickets but goes at over 5 runs an over still prefer him over hauritz though.
If we dont want a wicket taking spinner dont bother picking 1 at all an make ponting finally bowl katich an clarke.

Users who are viewing this thread