South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

McKenzie technique still seems a bit suspect, he got bowled twice by the same ball from two different bowlers. As the commentators have said he is in the wrong frame of mind, his first shot is letting the ball go...

The side will stay the same. There won't be any changes for Sydney. The real headache will the first test of the SA return leg. McKenzie scored runs in the second innings and has scored more runs that prince this year. Duminy did so well that he can't be dropped. Its bad luck for prince but he will now have to wait his time to get back in.

Prince is the VC though so he will play on the return series in South Africa. The real headache would be if the side stayed the same for Sydney and McKenzie made runs. Could Prince open? Seems to have a pretty decent technique.

Could Prince open? Seems to have a pretty decent technique.

No, either Amla or Duminy would open and Prince slots into the middle order. Amla would probably be the man since he's had experience opening in ODI cricket, although Duminy has the mind and the technique to open if the South Africans would want him to.

Will Smith play in the next test??? I heard Van Jaarsveld is the back-up for him.

Will Smith play in the next test??? I heard Van Jaarsveld is the back-up for him.

Nah he's busy filming for a new film so I don't think he'll make it :p

Hope Smith does play I'd like to see South Africa knock the Australians off the top, they've easily had their fair share on top.

if the proteas win in sydney they ll be the no.1 ranked team in tests.

Smith will play the injections of the melbourne expert seems to have done wonders to his elbow. Didn't seem to suffer at all at the mcg as opposed to at the waca.

Vaughn is only backup, he will get his chance in the 20/20 game.

Will SA beat 3-0? Aus certainly is in pressure ,playing at home...

Smith is not only a good player but also a good captain..SA will definately miss him,he has played well in test series...

Users who are viewing this thread