South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

You didn't get my point. Every team would have taken advantage but the Saffers has fully utilised it and far better than any team. Definitely luck is the biggest factor, without luck any one can't do anything. We definitely had our best team, half of our guys are injured but doesn't matter after all as a win is a win.

Our bowling department was still good in shape but definitely was weakened missing out few players. Stuey Clark is injured as well as McGain. You talking about Tait ? He is yet not fully fit to play test once gain. Hauritz is a better spinner than Cullen that's why the selectors picked him. Its a matter of time and we will be back as before.

Congrats Proteas for the series win after a long 16 yrs of drought.
Nah, not every team. Being a good player or a good team, in any game, is to a large extent about getting a lucky break and using it. Australia had chances to run away with the game in each match, but in each match, they gave South Africa sufficient chances to come back into the game.

There have been matches where South Africa dropped 10 catches in an innings, to see Australia slip away by the skin of their teeth. In this whole series, I think they've dropped one or two. Whatever creates a chance, they are making the chances count.

Congrats to South Africa. The wheels came off for Australia. As much as the commentators love Lee the harsh truth is that his only ace was his pace. I did like Ian Chappel's X11. I wouldn't mind Marcus North in the team but hey Mcdonald is a good pick (though suprising). I personally would move Haddin up to 6. He's confident and he's a lesser version of Brendon Mccullum (though a little more consistent perhaps). Go with 5 bowlers and 6 batsman. If that top 6 can't score then its a joke.

Definitely better going with the all rounder than continuing to rely on our tail. For me it's simple, our 4 bowlers should be able to take 20 wickets. If they can't then we don't have the right bowlers, having an all rounder is handy but they have to a genuine one and picking 5th bowler usually means they bearly get any overs. Kallis would get in on his batting alone in any team, and Flintoff his bowling.

Well done SA.

It sucks to see the Aussies losing. Since i'm a fan. But in a sense it's about time they lost some games. Makes things a bit more interesting. Aussies have never had to worry about changing their team a lot. Now they're finding out what other sides go through to rebuild.

Right now Aus lack one good bowler,Lee not in form,Siddle new to International platform (did well though),S Clark injured...I guess they should call Tait who can bowl fast and also reverse swing ball...

nikhil_99 added 5 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Selectors have picked up hayden once again for 3rd test,Victoria's Andrew McDonald will be Australia's allrounder in the third Test in Sydney from Saturday

I'm hoping Hayden will get a 100 in his last Test but I'd imagine he'll get a half-century and finish with the perfect converison rate of 30 Test Hundreds, 30 Test Fifties - He'll probably get out in the 90's (probably 99). The same thing happened 3 years ago when I went to the last day of the Sydney Test when Hayden got 90 and Ponting got 140 not out. There is no way I'm going to miss my last opportunity to see Hayden bat.

All he has to do is bat sensibly because when Steyn hasn't gotten that sharp inswing going then the South African bowling attack don't look all that threatening.

Who's this McDonald guy? Will he play ahead of Symonds?

EDIT: Ok nevermind I see Symonds is out. but any info on McDonalds abilities would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I'd just like the say a huge well done to Greame Smith. I admire this guy, When he bats, He bats with aggression and is the leader of the pack. Super batsmen, he's never let his batting average drop below 45. I thought he was arrogant at first but I guess it evens out when you've got amazing talent like that.

I'm hoping Hayden will get a 100 in his last Test but I'd imagine he'll get a half-century and finish with the perfect converison rate of 30 Test Hundreds, 30 Test Fifties - He'll probably get out in the 90's (probably 99). The same thing happened 3 years ago when I went to the last day of the Sydney Test when Hayden got 90 and Ponting got 140 not out. There is no way I'm going to miss my last opportunity to see Hayden bat.

All he has to do is bat sensibly because when Steyn hasn't gotten that sharp inswing going then the South African bowling attack don't look all that threatening.

Which day(s) are you going to?

What a win for South Africa! Awesome win!

the throne belongs to South Africa at the moment but who knows what happens after the Clash of both teams

Australia - end of era. ;) :happy

Hope too see some great actions from both sides the next test :D

Great win lads. Everyone contributed well and played their role whenever needed. It was a testing destination for Steyn after doing well all over the world. And he proved what he really is. Well done.

Superb Team Win. Cheers !!!

:happy

wonder where this leaves ashwell prince,it ll be difficult for him to get into the 11.

wonder where this leaves ashwell prince,it ll be difficult for him to get into the 11.

Yes this will be most interesting. He is the VC, and while JP said that he has no problem giving up his place, back to Prince, I know it is just words, when you have tasted something like this, its historic in nature, there is no way he will want to be out of the 11. Am thinking of them having a real headache with that one.

I'd drop McKenzie, and move Amla up to open. That then frees up a spot in the middle order for Prince to slot in. McKenzie did perform in the 2nd innings of this test though, so it's not going to be easy for Prince to get in. Prince has had a fantastic year though, so it's not going to be easy to leave him out either. South Africa look class atm.

The side will stay the same. There won't be any changes for Sydney. The real headache will the first test of the SA return leg. McKenzie scored runs in the second innings and has scored more runs that prince this year. Duminy did so well that he can't be dropped. Its bad luck for prince but he will now have to wait his time to get back in.

Users who are viewing this thread