South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Good performance from the boys. Too bad amla and ntini dropped clarke, could have been even better.

Yeh, in the form Clarke's in it could be costly dropping him. Steyn's bowling like a machine though, so I imagine that he'll deal with the lower order tommorow morning, unless Johnson and Clarke put together a Duminy-Steyn-esque partnership of course. I can't see it happening though to be brutally honest. Hope Clarke makes it to his Hundred though, he's a class player, and alongside Lee one of the few Aussies I actually like from the current crop.

McDonald looked so nervous in batting till I saw the match. Would be great if RSA bowlers rip through Aussie batting so I can see scret weapon Bollinger whos been touted as best bowler in world cricket by Aussie members.

Great knock by Clarke been easily our best batter this summer. Now on to 400, something we haven't reached in ages.

This partnership of 77 runs is way too much for South Africa's liking. The problem also is that this partnership is at a runrate of 4.35. South Africa really need to break this partnership if they want something out of this match.

And Johnson is now averaging 25.37 with the bat.

these tail enders taking cricket into a different level! if they keep on scoring like this... the batsman might aswell just start bowling...

Clarke now has an average of 50 with 3000 test runs. His form has been really really good and I think his average will keep climbing over the 50 mark in time. I'm so happy has hit the 50. It's been a great match for him so far - 3000th test run, 10th hundred and got his average to 50.

Fantastic 50 to Johnson. Gave a genuine nick, but has otherwise played with grace and control. Incredible that he ever batted at no. 10, much less 11.

Yeh, in the form Clarke's in it could be costly dropping him. Steyn's bowling like a machine though, so I imagine that he'll deal with the lower order tommorow morning, unless Johnson and Clarke put together a Duminy-Steyn-esque partnership of course. I can't see it happening though to be brutally honest. Hope Clarke makes it to his Hundred though, he's a class player, and alongside Lee one of the few Aussies I actually like from the current crop.

I guess you were wrong.

Very happy to be wrong. :)

MJ, any chance he'll open the batting? :p

Clarke such a mature batsmen nowadays.

Very pleased, well done Aussies.

lol I think opening the batting will be a step backwards atually. He's not as strong against the new swinging ball.

Yeh, in the form Clarke's in it could be costly dropping him..

Certainly was

Steyn's bowling like a machine though, so I imagine that he'll deal with the lower order tommorow morning,

I hear he has a muscle issue atm cant get the power he needs to bowl extremely well for long periods of time.

unless Johnson and Clarke put together a Duminy-Steyn-esque partnership of course. I can't see it happening though to be brutally honest.

Wel they are getting there. :)

Hope Clarke makes it to his Hundred though, he's a class player, and alongside Lee one of the few Aussies I actually like from the current crop.

He did and did it well, top player.

Well done pup. I think he deserved this hundred after getting unlucky couple of times this summer. He got 3000 runs at 50 (10 tons) - hes turning in to a great batsman. & MJ might be the all rounder we have been looking for.

Btw Clarke averaging 100+ in this series against the best attack in the world. Top quality batting

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread