South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Responsibility doesn't weigh Clarkey down either.

A shoe in for the Captaincy.

YESS! JP, YOU BEAUTY!

The end of a quite brilliant innings, he has really saved the Aussies here.

Good stuff, Johnson gone too. I got bored of watching Australia bat.

Looking back now, the ball wasn't completely awful, the dip actually did Clarke in. He had planned that out all along obviously, as there is not a lot this boy cannot do. I'm waiting for Boucher to get injured in some freaky accident, and JP takes some blinders as wicketkeeper.

Yeah.

I don't really see the benefit of having McDonald in the side. He's not like any of the other class all-rounders around the world. His record is just average in both his batting and bowling. If you look at the best all-rounders in the world they've got 1 strong suit which they're class. Kallis is a top class batsman, Flintoff is a world class fast bowler and Vettori is a quality spinner, McDonald doesn't seem to have 1 stand out feature of his game. I just think it would benefit Australia more to either pick a class batsman or a quality bowler, not try and pick someone who's average at both, it seems they're intent to find a Flintoff/Kallis but none of the all-rounders are good enough. I'd much rather see someone like Dave Hussey in the side if I was an Aussie fan.
I'd hardly call his stats over the last few years average, batting over 45 and bowling below 30, that's pretty good to me.

Johnson should have played the cut shot he was playing so good throughout the innings. He panicked and tried to play big but he didn't need too.

Well now you can watch the new look Australian bowling lineup rip through SAf. :)

Yeah, I am really excited to watch Bollinger, I'm a big fan of his. He should open the bowling instead of Siddle.

Users who are viewing this thread