South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Thats it!!! They got the big wicket of Smith!!! Finally Aus have won the match,and unfortunately for SA that they remain at No2 position

Ya SA needed to win this one to become No1,but now they will remain at No2

Smith :hpraise brilliant. He is arrognat but is the man that i really respect :) A magnificent Skipper :clap

I think Kerry O'Keeffe called it, the single against Hauritz was a crucial mistake. The batsmen changed ends and Smith was faced with the crack outside off stump and also a fast left arm bowler. Well played, Ponting?

go easy on johnson he has been massively overbowled from ponting an has gone from backup bowler to our most important bowler in this series.

He would be so tired hes been doing the workload of a spinner in this series the amount of overs hes bowled plus he has a foot injury.

Real proud of johnsons efforts this series hes been great.

As for Horroritz i hope thats the last we see of him at test level absolutely useless.
5th day wicket cracks, footmarks an turn available an only picked up 1 wicket.
Also its the scg the aussie home for spinners an he couldnt do a thing.

That was gutsy from Smith to walk out when everyone had thought that Australia had won the Test match. A good team effort here by the Australians, with everyone chipping in.

There is lots of talk about Smith being a massive hero here, but I think most people would of batted in these circumstances. Especially if your the best batter in the team. Meh.
Harsh but true. Him coming out to bat probably won him the Man of the Series over Steyn.

Well played by Australia, Really showed that they can still win matches. There spin is still a problem, last day of a Sydney test and Hauritz didn't really threaten. Smith really showed heart to go out with both tennis elbow and a broken hand.

What a brilliant test match and series as a whole. I think Test Cricket is in a good place right now with Australia, Southe Africa and India all really close. Not much between the top sides any more.

Props to Smith for going out and batting. Brilliant!

What is it about the last day of the Sydney test? (Happy lefty? :P) This day last year, Michael Clarke took three wickets to win the match with 7 balls/9 minutes remaining. I got some serious shivers down my spine when Smith walked out of the pavillion. Such an epic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread