South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

McDonald did okay I thought.

Didnt look like much with the bat, but was an honest stump to stump bowler.

Played his part I thought.

When will the aussie odi/20/20 team get selected?? How do you guys expect to be in your team?? Any surprises expected??

I'd throw in a lot of surprises.
For T20
Warner
Blizzard/Marsh/Hughes
Copper
D Hussey
M Hussey
Hopes
Haddin/Ronchi
Heal/Cullen
Hilfy
Bird/Bracken
Tait

ODI
Warner/Hayden
Marsh
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds/Hopes/D Hussey
M Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Heal
Bracken
Hilfy/Tait

Time to see some Warner magic.

For SA I think this will be the side. The likes of tsotsobe and parnell might get a run in one of the 20/20 games or if the odi series is won earlier. The odi is going to be interesting SA still in a building phase compared to the test team.

1.Gibbs
2.Amla
3.Kallis
4.Ab
5.JP
6.Van Jaarsveld
7.Boucher
8.Albie Morkel
9.Johan Botha
10.Morne Morkel
11.Steyn

I hope White doesn't. Maybe for the twenty20 yes but not ODI.

I was hoping someone would mention Warner, i ddin't know if it was a bit far fetched so I kept it to myself :p I would like to see Jaques playing the ODI's. He is a quick scoring batsmen.

Got 2 first class tons . Highest score 150*and best bowling 6/34.

Cricinfo - Players and Officials - Andrew McDonald

McDonald in 2006-07, when he became only the fifth player in Sheffield Shield/Pura Cup history to make 750 runs and take 25 wickets in a season.

He has been a pretty good player for the Vics doing well with both bat and the ball. We just need to show some faith and stick with him.

Shouldn't mentioned this season.

Would love to see the likes of Klinger and Warner get into the squad. Always fun watching new talents.

No on Warner, a few exciting games doesn't mean he should leapfrog the guys who have been scoring consistently for years or even just all season. My vote goes to Klinger, he's dominating the domestic circuit and is second in the leading run scorers for the One Dayers, and he's been opening for SA in that form of the game.

My ODI team:
1. Shaun Marsh
2. Michael Klinger
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Michael Clarke
5. Dave Hussey
6. Mike Hussey
7. Brad Haddin
8. Mitchell Johnson
9. Nathan Hauritz
10. Nathan Bracken
11. Peter Siddle

12th Man: Cameron White

Siddle hasn't played much One Day cricket but deserves the go. No room for White now, but possible to swap him for Hauritz when we need another batsman. Hauritz is a great OD bowler and definitely deserves to be picked.

what we want an what will happen is completely different though.

The aussie selectors dont like bringing in lots of new guys an normally try an keep the team pretty similar with only a few changes for each version of the game.

The team will be something like

Hayden
Marsh
Ponting
M Hussey
Clarke
Haddin
Mcdonald/White
Johnson
Hilfy
Bracken
Hauritz

If Marsh isnt selected due to poor form Haddin will open an prob D Hussey comes in.
Also they might want to rest Johnson so he would be replaced by Tait

Warner > Klinger

Klinger could never hit Shaun Tait onto the roof of the Adelaide oval like Warner did last night.
If your point is that Warner is a bigger hitter than Klinger then you have a pretty pathetic case.

Klinger is older, more mature, more consistent, in the form of his life and has a cooler head. Plus this isn't his first good season in One Day cricket either, he was second 2 or 3 seasons ago and was named in the team of the year.

If your point is that Warner is a bigger hitter than Klinger then you have a pretty pathetic case.

Klinger is older, more mature, more consistent, in the form of his life and has a cooler head. Plus this isn't his first good season in One Day cricket either, he was second 2 or 3 seasons ago and was named in the team of the year.
Klinger would be an embarrassment to represent Australia. Even Matthew Hayden who is in the worst form of his career is still miles ahead of Klinger who is in the best form of his life. Klinger struggles whenever he faces bowlers who are in contention for International selection. He got owned by Umar Gul earlier this week. Klinger just gets cheap runs on the flattest pitch in Australia - The Adelaide oval.

David Warner has well and truley Ben Hilfenhaus to the cleaners this season. He scored 165 off 112 balls and then followed it up with 97 off 54 against Hilfenhaus. He has also taken a liking to Shaun Tait's bowling, playing the most phenomenal pullshot I've ever seen off a fast bowler, hitting him onto the roof of the Adelaide oval.

Klinger will just get murdered by Steyn with the new ball whilst Warner will attack Steyn. Steyn is a relatively weak ODI bowler compared to Tests and he struggles in ODI whenever someone takes the attack to him. Just look at what Hayden did to Pollock in the World Cup in 2007, Warner will do that to Steyn.

Users who are viewing this thread