South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

u mean a guy who isnt a star with the ball or bat but can be hard to score off yeah we got heaps of harvey like players.

James hopes
Andrew Mcdonald
Moises Henriques

Give Henriques time he has a heaps of talent with the bat can hit it miles and a very good technique. Just extremely inconsistent.

Thank you Australian selectors, Warner was the main guy I was pushing for the in the T20 side.

Klinger would be an embarrassment to represent Australia. Even Matthew Hayden who is in the worst form of his career is still miles ahead of Klinger who is in the best form of his life. Klinger struggles whenever he faces bowlers who are in contention for International selection. He got owned by Umar Gul earlier this week. Klinger just gets cheap runs on the flattest pitch in Australia - The Adelaide oval.

David Warner has well and truley Ben Hilfenhaus to the cleaners this season. He scored 165 off 112 balls and then followed it up with 97 off 54 against Hilfenhaus. He has also taken a liking to Shaun Tait's bowling, playing the most phenomenal pullshot I've ever seen off a fast bowler, hitting him onto the roof of the Adelaide oval.

Klinger will just get murdered by Steyn with the new ball whilst Warner will attack Steyn. Steyn is a relatively weak ODI bowler compared to Tests and he struggles in ODI whenever someone takes the attack to him. Just look at what Hayden did to Pollock in the World Cup in 2007, Warner will do that to Steyn.
So what if he didn't do well in a Twenty20, they're hit and miss.

Klinger has scored 2 centuries at the Adelaide Oval, and 1 each at the GABBA and the SCG (which is a minefield at the moment), so half of his centuries have been away from the Adelaide Oval. Not to mention the fact that he has a great technique, is obviously talented enough, is capable of hitting sixes, and was our Under 19s captain ahead of Michael Clarke, which means he's always been good enough.

I would love to see some fresh faces. The selectors said their dropping Hayden for younger players, yet there is not 1 new face in our ODI batting line up

Hayden dropped from ODI aquad,it was quite obvious..The next match is on 11th of Jan (T20 game)

So what if he didn't do well in a Twenty20, they're hit and miss.

Klinger has scored 2 centuries at the Adelaide Oval, and 1 each at the GABBA and the SCG (which is a minefield at the moment), so half of his centuries have been away from the Adelaide Oval. Not to mention the fact that he has a great technique, is obviously talented enough, is capable of hitting sixes, and was our Under 19s captain ahead of Michael Clarke, which means he's always been good enough.
If we wanted someone like Klinger opening the batting then we'd be better off bringing back Katich but then again, we really can't afford players who score 60 off 100 balls. No one in the right mind wants Michael Klinger representing Australia unless it's the opposition.

Not playing Katich is crazy. He is a quick scorer now.

You guys have to remember that Dhoni and Haddin have settled spots in there respective teams. Both these two players have a great team around them. Whereas McCullum has moved around from five, to three, back to seven again. He just needs to find a settled place in the batting order.

Haddin is too early to judge. Will know better after the series in SA and England. The ball generally moves more in these two countries compared to england so haddin with the way he plays outside offstump could struggle unless he tightens up.

Katich ODI career is over, Marsh and Watson look like the openers for the 2011 WC. Warner a possible bolter and Hughes will probably get a go before Katich is even considered.

Katich ODI career is over, Marsh and Watson look like the openers for the 2011 WC. Warner a possible bolter and Hughes will probably get a go before Katich is even considered.
Yeah. Guess they will not rush Hughes into test cricket and make him possibly another Tait. Warner can be a good option, but I prefer Micheal Clarke to move to the opening. He did well initially but in the recent years has not done a great job. But I think in the long run, Clarke will make a good ODI opener.

The way katich is playing now he def scores quick enough for 1dayers.
But he still has the slow an boring tag attatched to him from a few years ago so he wont get a chance to prove himself.
Like Langer had the slow an boring tag to his name yet in the last 3 years of his career he was a very very quick scoring opener. Yet never given a chance in 1dayers.

I dont mind though more chance to give fresh talent a chance to gain experience

Tait has been selected for ODi series,he can reverse swing the ball and bowl quick..

Users who are viewing this thread